Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Mistakes
Overall I am a good player (5th in gifted division) but my one major flaw is rushing my units right next to enemies and not being able to finish off the enemy or running out of wits *facepalm*. It has caused me to lose games and I am wondering how to stop this from happening without not rushing at all...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: Mistakes
Skip a turn of moving so you have extra wits to rush. Another tip on rushing, make sure all the units you are rushing with are buffed (if appropriate).
07-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Think before you act. Usually it is best to count wits at a time. E.g,
1 wit. Move soldier
2nd wit. Attack
3rd wit etc.
Doing this will order your priority list, such as killing the enemy at the top of the list and lowering the "build medic ASAP" priority. Also performing multiple pronged attacks are good on your opponent. I once did a 3 pronged attack on glitch with a soldier, runner and heavy all near the enemies base. All he had was a heavy that could choose to attack my heavy and block his own spawn, save his wit space my killing my soldier or be silly and kill my runner.
07-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Get a runner on the square behind your front soldier/heavy to get vision of opponent. Then just calculate how many wits you need to kill him before starting the rush.

Soldier spam FTW
07-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Start saving wits before. If you don't need to move that random runner or are moving your unit for no reason, then don't Keep that wit, you never know when you might need it Wink