Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious Philosophical Question
02-08-2014, 01:09 AM
RE: Serious Philosophical Question
In the case of 1. it's essentially a 100% chance that you "die". I would always pick 2. which at least gives me some chance of survival. In a sense though 2. is a selfish option since my reason behind picking 2. is under the premise that in the case of 1., someone else is living instead of me. In that way, by picking 2. one could argue that I am denying "someone else" life. Though at this point it becomes kind of hazy since you could extend this to not having children and "denying" a life which is where this argument starts to break down.

Regardless, I would pick 2. whether its selfish or not.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2014, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 01:30 AM by TheQwertiest.)
RE: Serious Philosophical Question
choice 1 for me.
1. Have your brain completely reprogrammed so that all of your attitudes, emotions, memories, general desires, goals, personality traits, mental skills, etc. are wiped out and replaced with completely new ones.

dont know how memory could be replaced though. it would conflict with what really happened.

but other than that this is my choice. id be a different person but id still be alive. i would still have logic and reasoning and i would still be able to make my own decisions so im still in control of my life. YOLO i guess. its a bit hard to explain.. besides, if my memory is wiped then i wouldnt even remember anything from before. so i guess what i dont know anymore wont hurt me? O.O

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply