Poll: Which maps should be used in the Grand Finals $250 match?
Sharkfood Island
Long Nine
Glitch
Foundry
Sweetie Plains
Reaper
Thorn Gulley
War Garden
Skull Duggery
Sweet Tooth
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup Map Pool?
02-05-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: World Cup Map Pool?
(02-05-2014 05:48 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 05:36 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 04:59 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Thorn Gulley | Adorable = Peekaboo | Scallywag

Huh really? I dunno about that. Never seen a game go to upwards of 100 turns AA on TG... I'm a fan of TG because I like the 3 lanes.

Lol, "|" means "given the condition" or "based on". Long and boring is the nature of Scallywag/SvS, not only on peekaboo. I'm just afraid that including TG will result in players spending two Adorable choice on these two games and limit the variety of the other 3 games, also it will be biased to adorable players since 2/5>1/4.
But have to admit AvA on TG is much more fun though, maybe make TG the one time map.

Sorry, I wasn't sure, what's the race restrictions for the final?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 06:11 AM by His_Daddy.)
(02-05-2014 05:38 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Oh - yup. That makes sense. But I think there's probably a clear "best race" for most maps.
The difference between some maps sometimes are lower than players' preferences. E.g even i know adorable is the best race on SKI i may still use scallywags on this map, which is a little weaker but i know i can make the most out of it. And for maps like war garden on which I didn't see any obvious bias yet (except SvV), or Sweet Tooth on which some people think A is stronger while some people think it's S. Foundry may only have FTA but also little bias for races.
But for TG I have to choose A for sure since other races can hardly beat A, just like Scallywags ruling peekaboo.

(02-05-2014 05:59 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  Sorry, I wasn't sure, what's the race restrictions for the final?
I think i saw "no more than 2 times for each race" somewhere.
02-05-2014, 06:18 AM
I personally think that reaper and sweet tooth, by far, create the best ST replays
02-06-2014, 07:11 AM
What about not allowing playing the same race more than once on each map and each race only twice in total for the final? Then we won't have two AvA games if we choose thorn gulley for example.

Soldier spam FTW
02-07-2014, 04:36 AM
Well, it looks like the maps will not be changed. Thorn Gulley is still the map only to be played once so I think we'll see interesting games!