Poll: Which maps should be used in the Grand Finals $250 match?
Sharkfood Island
Long Nine
Glitch
Foundry
Sweetie Plains
Reaper
Thorn Gulley
War Garden
Skull Duggery
Sweet Tooth
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Cup Map Pool?
02-05-2014, 02:19 AM
World Cup Map Pool?
Which maps would you like to see as part of the first ever $250.00 match? (Best of 5 on three maps)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: World Cup Map Pool?
Hmm. I say Thorn Gulley, Reaper, Glitch. I think these are among the most difficult to play.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Thorn Gulley | Adorable = Peekaboo | Scallywag
02-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Well it's up to the players to choose their races on the good maps. The five matches won't be played on one map only, so there's no problem with Thorn Gulley. I personnaly voted Thorn Gulley, Sweet Tooth and Glitch, because they give the most difficult and interesting matches.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Are there any race restrictions for the Final?

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
02-05-2014, 05:36 AM
(02-05-2014 04:59 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Thorn Gulley | Adorable = Peekaboo | Scallywag

Huh really? I dunno about that. Never seen a game go to upwards of 100 turns AA on TG... I'm a fan of TG because I like the 3 lanes.

02-05-2014, 05:38 AM
(02-05-2014 05:36 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 04:59 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Thorn Gulley | Adorable = Peekaboo | Scallywag

Huh really? I dunno about that. Never seen a game go to upwards of 100 turns AA on TG... I'm a fan of TG because I like the 3 lanes.

I think he means that it heavily favors Adorables, not that it's a turtle fest like Scallywags on Peekaboo.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
02-05-2014, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 05:39 AM by GreatGonzales.)
I'm not a fan of Long Nine for this... Doesn't seem to be a lot of strategy variation on that map. And I think Sweetie Plains has pretty big FTA (though I suck at Sweetie Plains so I never capitalize on this).

(02-05-2014 05:38 AM)[PETA] Cor13:4 Wrote:  I think he means that it heavily favors Adorables, not that it's a turtle fest like Scallywags on Peekaboo.

Oh - yup. That makes sense. But I think there's probably a clear "best race" for most maps.

02-05-2014, 05:46 AM
I think we can all see though that nobody likes SFI Tongue

02-05-2014, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2014 05:49 AM by His_Daddy.)
(02-05-2014 05:36 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  

Lol, "|" means "given the condition" or "based on". Long and boring is the nature of Scallywag/SvS, not only on peekaboo. I'm just afraid that including TG will result in players spending two Adorable choice on these two games and limit the variety of the other 3 games, also it will be biased to adorable players since 2/5>1/4.
But have to admit AvA on TG is much more fun though, maybe make TG the one time map.