Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl predictions
02-03-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Super Bowl predictions
(02-03-2014 05:21 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I know nothing of american football, but how is such a score possible in the grand finale of such a big tourney? If Broncos reached the finale, that means they're good, nope? Tongue

Yes the broncos are good, very good in fact. But the Seahawks have players that matched up well against the Broncos. Seattle was the only team in the NFL that had a defense good enough to stop the Broncos offense.

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 03:28 AM
(02-03-2014 10:34 PM)jchris98 Wrote:  
(02-03-2014 05:21 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I know nothing of american football, but how is such a score possible in the grand finale of such a big tourney? If Broncos reached the finale, that means they're good, nope? Tongue

Yes the broncos are good, very good in fact. But the Seahawks have players that matched up well against the Broncos. Seattle was the only team in the NFL that had a defense good enough to stop the Broncos offense.

Yeah, and like any game, you just never know what can happen. The second play of the game was probably pretty demoralizing for the Broncos. They could've made a comeback, but Seattle was too good.

Live your life as more than plastic.
02-04-2014, 10:21 AM
(02-03-2014 06:03 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  Go the All Blacks (yes I'm originally from NZ)

Oh really? I'm on a working holiday in New Zealand right now. What part are you from?

GC: TheGreatAnt
02-07-2014, 12:51 AM
(02-03-2014 10:34 PM)jchris98 Wrote:  

Exactly. Also, as good as they were all season (setting records for most total points scored in a season), the Broncos for whatever reason, just came out flat. Also, the key player position in American football is the quarterback, and the Broncos quarterback now has a well earned reputation of being brilliant in the regular season, but only mediocre in the playoffs. Last point: when great defense plays against great offense, the defense usually wins. Caveat : I have never liked the Broncos and experienced some schadenfreude when they got beat like a rented mule. Smile

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
02-07-2014, 07:28 AM
Personally I'm from indiana, and wanted the broncos to win because of manning. Too bad he doesn't have the relationship built up with his new team as he did with the colts.
02-07-2014, 08:08 AM
He's a class act, and a fantastic quarterback who will be in the Hall of Fame. But man, his post season performance numbers are so.. blah.

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)