Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearthstone
05-14-2014, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 10:46 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
RE: Hearthstone
Haha ghost, I can just send you his user.

It's also on the first page.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
(02-04-2014 03:43 AM).Memories. Wrote:  Memories#1171

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
05-14-2014, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 10:44 PM by Alvendor.)
I've started playing this two weeks ago (wanted to see what all the fuss was a about) and really like it! Only thing is it is so much emphasis on deck building I have a hard time figuring out if I'm getting better or not. Reached rank 13 now but maybe just b/c I got a couple of legendaries recently...

I saw vivafringe, the old outwitter player, posted a nice arena strategy article. But most other resources are pretty much just deck building

And another thing, the ranking system seems strange. As every game has one winner and one loser: the loser looses one star and the winner gains one or two stars depending on if in a win streak or not. Does this means there is an inflation in rankings?

Soldier spam FTW
05-14-2014, 11:22 PM
The star system is used until legendary, then it's ELO I believe, no more stars.

I think it's rank 5 where there are no more win streaks so you have to win > 50% of games to progress.

For non-deck non-arena guides, you'll probably want to read other card game articles on things like tempo, card advantage, efficiency, board value, etc. Magic the Gathering articles should cover all the general concepts in great detail.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
05-14-2014, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-14-2014 11:44 PM by [PETA] Doodat.)
I find the way you attack/defend is much different from Magic, which can make a huge difference, but other than that, the basic strategy is somewhat similar.

And yep, the everything you have about the ranking system is correct.

There is a lot of emphasis on deck building, I agree. I just made a handlock deck, but it's still weak without legendaries, it's hard to be greedy without jaraxxus or alexstrazsa. I'm working on 3 decks, a basic mage deck that doesn't rely too heavily on spells, a miracle rogue that's definitely going to take the longest to make, then that handlock deck.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
05-15-2014, 01:01 AM
Miraclle rogue and Handlock are fun looking decks!

I had an aggro Hunter deck but with the UTH nerf it seems much less viable, I have a mid range shaman deck that isn't very polished but super fun, and I think I'll craft my missing rares for an aggro Warrior deck this week. Would love to play control warrior or Handlock, but am missing all the expensive stuff.

If anyone wants to play test against these, hit me up. Right now I mostly play arenas with my limited Hearthstone time to build up my collection.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
05-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Yep, I'll be sure to send a challenge to you sometime when I see you online.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
05-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Give us your id alvendor!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
05-16-2014, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 05:49 AM by Alvendor.)
(05-14-2014 11:22 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  For non-deck non-arena guides, you'll probably want to read other card game articles on things like tempo, card advantage, efficiency, board value, etc. Magic the Gathering articles should cover all the general concepts in great detail.

Think I got the basics down at least but I do a lot of fairly basic mistakes still, stuff I easily could avoid with a bit more thinking time. Guess more experience will solve that..

Things to work on could maybe be a progression something like:
* Learn what each card do based on the picture
* Know each class' aoe spells and cost
* Know all commonly used cards for each class
* Synergies between cards and how to counter that
* Typical builds for each class
* Ability to create a counter to any given deck

Im not really touching the last two points yet, but something for the future =)

(05-15-2014 08:15 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Give us your id alvendor!

It's Alvendor of course! EU Server

Soldier spam FTW
05-16-2014, 06:00 AM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2014 06:00 AM by Phyresis.)
You need to give us your id number as well before anyone can contact you. Its right next to your name in the friends list.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!