Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hearthstone
03-27-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: Hearthstone
Starting to play more classes in Arena to mix things up. I have a priest who's 7-2 right now that is a ton of fun to play. Got my first 30-0 one turn win with it by playing power word shield then two divine spirits onto a lightspawn to attack for 28 then attacked with another minion.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2014, 02:48 AM
Nice!

Now I'm not doing arenas anymore, rather playing shaman-only and climbin the ranks Tongue I'l rank 11, and I feel I'm constantly improving. The strategy can go far deeper than what you think, memories and amoffett Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-27-2014, 04:01 AM
That's great Magic! Sounds like Trump's current climb to Legend Wink.

I stopped playing ranked after I finally put together a decent deck (hunter aggro) and won a ton of ranked games which increased my hidden rating that matches me to other people in casual. Since then I can't win with warrior or rogue in casual Sad and it's hard with druid(took me about 8 games to get two druid victories last night to finish two quests), I just don't have the cards to make decks on par with my other heroes so it really hurts my ability to do certain dailies.

Until I can build a few more good decks, I'm staying away from ranked!

The Gruff Billies Clan:
03-27-2014, 04:52 AM
You are absolutely right, you must do arena-only, and then, when you have the cards, go to ladder.

Here is the deck I'm using, if you're interested Tongue I at first used a version found on a website, but I found out the deck could be improved, so here is my personal version Smile I'm doing a 6 wins streak right now, and it's the most fun deck I ever played ^.^

http://imgur.com/XOHdjyx

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
03-27-2014, 06:11 AM
Looks fun!

The Gruff Billies Clan:
03-29-2014, 01:44 AM
(03-27-2014 02:48 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Nice!

Now I'm not doing arenas anymore, rather playing shaman-only and climbin the ranks Tongue I'l rank 11, and I feel I'm constantly improving. The strategy can go far deeper than what you think, memories and amoffett Smile

I'm not dismissing the game, or trying to say it's easy or anything like that.

But in Hearthstone there's just under 400 different cards, to be used in 9 different classes. There's only so many decks you can build. When you get better cards, you replace the bad cards with the better cards. When you're playing a game, you have a good idea what cards your opponent has, what you can expect to draw.

Compare that with MTG, where there are over 10000 cards, and seemingly limitless strategies, and it's not even close. There's also so much more going on in a game of MTG, turn-by-turn.

This is my problem with Hearthstone: it's not MTG. That's what I'm used to, and so playing something that's close, but is essentially watered down and simplified to make it easier for people to pick up, just makes me want to play MTG instead.

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
04-01-2014, 10:25 PM
(03-27-2014 04:52 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  You are absolutely right, you must do arena-only, and then, when you have the cards, go to ladder.

Here is the deck I'm using, if you're interested Tongue I at first used a version found on a website, but I found out the deck could be improved, so here is my personal version Smile I'm doing a 6 wins streak right now, and it's the most fun deck I ever played ^.^

http://imgur.com/XOHdjyx

Put a shaman deck together, lots of same cards you're running and boy is it fun! Leroy (+ rockbiter) + windfury is some crazy burst.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
04-08-2014, 11:58 PM
Picked up HS for the iPad from the Canada store yesterday. Soooooooo awesome.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
04-24-2014, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2014 02:27 PM by Extreme Ghost.)
Anyone still playing this Smile? Been playing it on iPad for the last few days my addictive personalty won't let me put it down XD

Ghost #14814 is my battle I'd I think

You can rip the wings and the horn off a Mobi and try to force it to be a normal whale..But deep down the the Mobi will always be a mobi and you can never hide the scabs Never let anyone try to force you to change!
04-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Oh lots of people. For a while it was the number one app on the app store in canada. I havent played in a while.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!