Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
07-13-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: Back/Undo
I'm with the no undo too. Confirm attack would be a good idea, since more than once I've been next to multiple enemies and selected the wrong one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2012, 01:10 AM
I personally would like to see a confirmation button similar to the one for moving. You tap the attacking unit, then tap the opponent to attack, then two buttons pop up for "Attack" and "Cancel". Same number of taps as to move (three). Consistent interface. With option to turn it off.
07-14-2012, 03:12 AM
(07-14-2012 01:10 AM)MrUseless Wrote:  I personally would like to see a confirmation button similar to the one for moving. You tap the attacking unit, then tap the opponent to attack, then two buttons pop up for "Attack" and "Cancel". Same number of taps as to move (three). Consistent interface. With option to turn it off.

That is a reasonable idea IMO. While I don't see any reason for that on the large screen iPad, I can understand that it might be a problem on the iPhone when there are multiple enemies to choose from. With an option to turn it off, everyone would be happy Smile
07-14-2012, 03:12 AM
(07-13-2012 06:45 AM)stayunspoiled Wrote:  I just checked and it's a move confirm not attack confirm. Could there be a switch for confining attacks too maybe? Then it is optional.

The should also make a confirm form change for the bombshell... Can't say how many times I wasted two wits by accidentally double tapping him... ;(
07-21-2012, 05:34 PM
For those who really want an undo button, you should look into Wesnoth's Fog of War interface. It nicely allows an undo button with Fog of War. Great for complex positioning battles with multiple units.
07-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Never played it, but I'm assuming that the fog is not lifted until you submit your turn or something like that?
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
(07-14-2012 03:12 AM)FreakyMan777 Wrote:  
(07-13-2012 06:45 AM)stayunspoiled Wrote:  I just checked and it's a move confirm not attack confirm. Could there be a switch for confining attacks too maybe? Then it is optional.

The should also make a confirm form change for the bombshell... Can't say how many times I wasted two wits by accidentally double tapping him... ;(

I agree with this too. I've gotten into the habit of clicking the unit I have selected to "cancel" attacking or moving with that unit, and have accidentally changed my bombshells status way too many times, extremely frustrating.
07-28-2012, 04:31 AM
(07-24-2012 05:50 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(07-14-2012 03:12 AM)FreakyMan777 Wrote:  

I agree with this too. I've gotten into the habit of clicking the unit I have selected to "cancel" attacking or moving with that unit, and have accidentally changed my bombshells status way too many times, extremely frustrating.

Lmao same here because you don't click on the other side of the map to cancel... Instead you just re-tap the player! Smile
07-30-2012, 12:23 AM
I think at least one other person commented on this, you can't do an undo for the basic purpose of strategy. For instance you move your runner into enemy territory, maybe for a base attack ans see he has 2 bombshells and a sniper. Maybe it's not our runner, but a more valuable unit, like your bombshell which you can set up but can't attack with on that turn.

Well oops, undo. Sorry, regardless of if you made a mistake or not an undo would totally mess with the gameplay and be greatly taken advantage of. Even if you move your runner to a clear area, not aunit in site, you may undo because its nice to know no-ones up there and then go somewhere else.

The misuse is limitless.