Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2v2 FTA beta testing
01-18-2014, 04:41 AM
RE: 2v2 FTA beta testing
(01-17-2014 06:55 PM)Juslas Wrote:  2v2 matches are slow, so it will take weeks to get matches finished without forfeit. Also being still in tournament, installing beta build is scary.
I play with iPhone but I do some moves with iPad mini, too.

Unicorn:
If I install beta to iPad mini and keep current version on my iPhone, can I start original rules matches with phone and after first round continue them with beta build on iPad mini?
New rules first round can be played only with device with beta build installed, but can match be continued few rounds with iPhone and then I return to iPad?

If I play player 1 or player 3, who gets 5 wits. Can I participate as an opponent to those who have installed the beta build?

Also I have iPad 2, no iOS 7, that I could use for beta test with new Game Center ID. But iOS 7 is mandatory?

iOS 7 isn't mandatory. As for continuing matches: not recommended. A lot of times the sandbox, despite having the same username, gives you a different user ID (one valid in the sandbox), so continuing the match on a non-beta install wouldn't be possible. Sometimes it's worked, but the workings of the sandbox user account management has always been a bit iffy.

You don't need to complete matches for the beta. it's mostly just to see the first round of turns working and verify there isn't any overlooked errors in that portion of the game.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Superb! Very, very interested. I'll sign up.

Thanx Alex,

didgeralien
[Image: sig.png]
...winter is coming...
01-18-2014, 02:38 PM
I haz chance

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-19-2014, 06:29 AM
I've been trying to download the beta for the past 15 minutes and it's not working. It looks like it got to 10% and just stopped going. Is anyone else having this problem?
01-19-2014, 09:23 AM
how do we access the beta?

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
01-19-2014, 09:34 AM
(01-19-2014 09:23 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  how do we access the beta?

You'll get an email with instructions if you're chosen.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-19-2014, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 01:36 PM by Chemoeum.)
OUTWITTERS BETA, Y U NO DOWNLOAD?!?

When I am trying to download it, it cancels and tells me if I want to retry or... Yeah, so what should I do?

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-19-2014, 01:54 PM
(01-19-2014 01:36 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  OUTWITTERS BETA, Y U NO DOWNLOAD?!?

When I am trying to download it, it cancels and tells me if I want to retry or... Yeah, so what should I do?

I am having the same issue.

GC: TheGreatAnt
01-19-2014, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 02:40 PM by Chemoeum.)
Yeah, but did you have to restore your phone? i did

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
01-19-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2014 04:11 PM by TheGreatAnt.)
I tried restarting my device after I installed the OML profile, and then try reloading the app after the restart, but it still came up that I couldn't load the app.

(01-19-2014 02:39 PM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Yeah, but did you have to restore your phone? i did
No, I didn't have to, it just stopped installing. I deleted the app and reinstalled the app.

EDIT: I have tried everything I can think of, and I cannot download the sandbox version of Outwitters.

GC: TheGreatAnt