Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2v2 Issues
07-30-2012, 07:45 PM
RE: 2v2 Issues
(07-30-2012 07:11 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 03:53 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 03:43 AM)JAM48376 Wrote:  It would be nice if partners that are left hanging, not get penalized with a loss. Is it possible to not win or lose?
(07-13-2012 07:16 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Maybe try to find a consistent partner on the boards or online to help mitigate this.
If you could avoid losing by just staying inactive, why would you even do your turn if you knew you'd lose next turn?
If random partners is to risky for you, follow Alex' advice and look for a reliable partner.
I think what he's saying is, if it's not your turn, you shouldn't be penalized. I think that's perfectly fair. You can still give the winners points, take away points from the person that failed to act, and have no point change for the teammate of the forfeiter. Of course this would only be for random games, which already have separate point allotments for each individual.
Okay, now I understand what you're saying. Yes, that sounds reasonable and doable (I guess).
Still, I feel the need to point out, that game theory would suggest the exploitation of this mechanic: if it becomes clear to the randomly joined team that they are about to lose it could motivate one player to ask the other (whose turn it is) to not do their turn and let the game run out. The lastly acting player is losing points anyway and it would be beneficial in general to spare the other team mate the loss. I know there is still the 20 game limit that would incentivize to finish games and not let them rot, but since that is about to be increased, the subsequent incentive is reduced and this could become general practice if allowed.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2012, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2012 06:18 AM by awpertunity.)
RE: 2v2 Issues
(07-30-2012 07:45 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-30-2012 07:11 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 03:53 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 03:43 AM)JAM48376 Wrote:  It would be nice if partners that are left hanging, not get penalized with a loss. Is it possible to not win or lose?
(07-13-2012 07:16 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Maybe try to find a consistent partner on the boards or online to help mitigate this.
If you could avoid losing by just staying inactive, why would you even do your turn if you knew you'd lose next turn?
If random partners is to risky for you, follow Alex' advice and look for a reliable partner.
I think what he's saying is, if it's not your turn, you shouldn't be penalized. I think that's perfectly fair. You can still give the winners points, take away points from the person that failed to act, and have no point change for the teammate of the forfeiter. Of course this would only be for random games, which already have separate point allotments for each individual.
Okay, now I understand what you're saying. Yes, that sounds reasonable and doable (I guess).
Still, I feel the need to point out, that game theory would suggest the exploitation of this mechanic: if it becomes clear to the randomly joined team that they are about to lose it could motivate one player to ask the other (whose turn it is) to not do their turn and let the game run out. The lastly acting player is losing points anyway and it would be beneficial in general to spare the other team mate the loss. I know there is still the 20 game limit that would incentivize to finish games and not let them rot, but since that is about to be increased, the subsequent incentive is reduced and this could become general practice if allowed.

Triple the points lost for the inactive!! For wasting not 1, but 3 peoples' time! ;]

mostly kidding there anyway. I do need a 2v2 partner if interested tho... I'm 1v1 ST rank 3. 2v2 fluffly league lawlawlawl, went 1-4 in placements
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply