Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2v2 Issues
07-13-2012, 01:32 AM
2v2 Issues
Hey folks,

Firstly thought I'd say I'm loving the game, however would love for some improvements to be done to the 2v2 league.

1v1 is fine as 9 times of of 10 you can finish a game within a few hours or less. Sometimes folk refuse to accept defeat so at current I have 4 games I'm waiting on people taking their turns. 2 days left then they will forfeit.

However I also have 11 2v2s that I'm waiting on also. Can these be adjusted to 1-2 day timeouts as waiting 4 days because someone downloaded the garment. Started a 2v2 and then decided they wouldn't come back is a nightmare. Kindof takes the 5 star aspect out of the game a bit.

I'd love to just keep playing randoms at points throughout the day but at the moment im lucky if I can take 1 turn an hour now. 2v2s are by far the worst for it. Whether it be your team mate or the opposition.

Other option would be to have an online status so you know who is taking the piss and refusing to take their moves and have a rating for best people / friendliest to play. But I guess that's open to abuse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 11:04 AM by Jaz852.)
RE: 2v2 Issues
In one of my2v2's one of the players is at work most of the day and can't get on wifi there. Is it right to expect them to play the game every night after they get back from work? One night they miss and they automatically have a loss?
07-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Then how bout a "I'm online lots" and a "I'm online sometimes" options when starting? ID rather a 2v2 didn't last 16 days (based on 4 turns each at one a day)

Thought the whole point was the game is fast strategy.
07-13-2012, 07:13 PM
I've just lost 2 of my 2v2 ranked games by auto forfeit due to my partner not moving..... that sucks.... I feel like I shouldn't be penalized for my random partner not making moves =/
07-13-2012, 07:16 PM
(07-13-2012 07:13 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  I've just lost 2 of my 2v2 ranked games by auto forfeit due to my partner not moving..... that sucks.... I feel like I shouldn't be penalized for my random partner not making moves =/

ride together die together? Random 2s will have this as an element (definitely in lower leagues) unfortunately. Maybe try to find a consistent partner on the boards or online to help mitigate this.
07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Haha, yeah. All of my 2v2 games average a turn a day. Good thing I convinced a bunch of friends to play with me. They didn't regret that decision.
07-13-2012, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2012 09:58 PM by Khelmuthman.)
I see the frustration, but at the same time i feel it is important to remember that this game at its core is an async experience. The intent have never been to sit for hours and play, but rather to play 10 minutes few times a day.. Though the addicting nature of this game, make it damn hard to accept! Smile
07-17-2012, 03:43 AM
It would be nice if partners that are left hanging, not get penalized with a loss. Is it possible to not win or lose?
07-17-2012, 03:53 AM
(07-17-2012 03:43 AM)JAM48376 Wrote:  It would be nice if partners that are left hanging, not get penalized with a loss. Is it possible to not win or lose?

(07-13-2012 07:16 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Maybe try to find a consistent partner on the boards or online to help mitigate this.

If you could avoid losing by just staying inactive, why would you even do your turn if you knew you'd lose next turn?
If random partners is to risky for you, follow Alex' advice and look for a reliable partner.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2012, 07:11 PM
(07-17-2012 03:53 AM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-17-2012 03:43 AM)JAM48376 Wrote:  It would be nice if partners that are left hanging, not get penalized with a loss. Is it possible to not win or lose?

(07-13-2012 07:16 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  Maybe try to find a consistent partner on the boards or online to help mitigate this.

If you could avoid losing by just staying inactive, why would you even do your turn if you knew you'd lose next turn?
If random partners is to risky for you, follow Alex' advice and look for a reliable partner.
I think what he's saying is, if it's not your turn, you shouldn't be penalized. I think that's perfectly fair. You can still give the winners points, take away points from the person that failed to act, and have no point change for the teammate of the forfeiter. Of course this would only be for random games, which already have separate point allotments for each individual.