Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Outwitters World Cup 2014 Standings [LIVE]
01-11-2014, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 07:13 AM by Torbreck.)
RE: Outwitters World Cup 2014 Announcements and Standings
Firstly welcome and congratulations to the 96 competitors about to take part in the 2014 World Cup - with just over 600 games about to be played this will be a great display of Outwitting skill and there are sure to be some great matches as a result.

An important announcement regarding the Plate Competition. After reviewing the format and taking into account changes in the player listing it has been decided to change the cut off for eligibity in the Plate to be everyone outside the top 32 (rather than 40). The main reason was so that it aligned better with the way the main competition works with the semi finals. I.e if you are outside the top 32 seeds and just miss making the semi-finals then you will likely get a chance to compete in the Plate competition semi final instead.

Player Checklist
With the competition only a few days away please ensure you check the following:

1.Please check your name on the registration list is spelt correctly (including spaces etc) it will make it easier for people to find you when they are starting games - send a PM to awpertunity if anything needs correcting.

2.Please re-read all the rules in the initial post - especially regarding race limits and time frames etc - some of these have changed slightly since the competition was announced so it would be best to double check now before the competition starts.

3.Ensure you have the uber pack and 2gen maps.

4. If this is your first tournament and are unsure how things work with starting games and how to post game results etc please then send me a PM and I'll help you get started.

Players on the standby list
There is still the chance to compete - if any of the listed players does not start their games in the required time then you may have the option to take their slot. We will send you a PM if that happens.

Lastly, but most importantly, please thank awpertunity for the work he has put in setup and administer this competition - with 600 games and 96 competitors it is not a small amount of work- A big shout out to him from me.

Good luck all Smile

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outwitters World Cup 2014 Announcements and Standings - Torbreck - 01-11-2014 04:42 PM
Potential Inactive Players - Torbreck - 01-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Replacement Players Announcened - Torbreck - 02-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Group Match Deadline - Sunday - Torbreck - 02-07-2014, 02:40 PM
Place Competition Started - Torbreck - 03-21-2014, 11:49 AM