Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Outwitters World Cup 2014 Standings [LIVE]
01-28-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: Outwitters World Cup 2014 Standings [LIVE]
(01-28-2014 03:21 PM)awpertunity Wrote:  
(01-28-2014 03:07 PM)jesusfuentesh Wrote:  No it isn't. If I remember well, the match is at turn #5 or so

Oh I think it should be fine just starting over then if you end up timing out. We'll see what Torbreck thinks.

I agree - I think given the circumstances if it times out then starting over seems the fairest option.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2014, 11:03 PM
My problem has been solved, thankfully.

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-29-2014, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-2014 08:28 AM by Torbreck.)
Potential Inactive Players
Firstly congratulations to all players on the first 2 weeks of the competition. We've seen some great matches including a few upsets. I can see as the results are coming in that there are going to be some very close finishes in some of the groups.

A reminder to all players that all games must be started by next Sunday (9th).

Potential Inactive Players

To ensure we keep things moving along I would like to identify now any potential inactive players and consider whether we replace them with a standby player now rather than waiting until the 9th.

Note that players that have completed at least 1 game (and by that I mean actually play a game - timing out after the first couple of moves does not count) will not be replaced and all games will count as wins for all other players in the group.

So if you have recently (meaning this week) sent an invite to player and they didn't accept the invite AND they have not sent you an invite either then please send me a PM with their details. (Please don't post here). If we see a pattern we will post a notice asking that player to respond - if they don't then we will replace them.

Likewise if you haven't accepted an invite yet but are still intending to play then also send me a PM to let me know.

At this stage I believe the following players may be inactive and are requested to reply within 48 hours or be replaced.

Chas3r926
hobbes rule
Vuvuzaela

You have 48 hours to respond if this is not the case otherwise you will be replaced in the tourney.

King of the Hill
01-31-2014, 03:33 PM
hmm, replacement?
01-31-2014, 05:47 PM
If there's any replacements needed I put my name forward:

GC Necrocat219
Top200: 119th

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-02-2014, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 07:12 AM by Torbreck.)
Just to update on this, there will be replacements brought in but before they are announced I am contacting them separately to ensure that they are ready to step up - no sense in replacing someone with another inactive person!! There will be a post here in the next day or so.
Necro - you are on the list but there are a few above you - I'll take it as read that you are ready !

King of the Hill
02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
I am ready to step up as a replacement! Had a great time in the last WC. Hopefully I can be a sleeper this time around Wink
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
(02-02-2014 07:11 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  Just to update on this, there will be replacements brought in but before they are announced I am contacting them separately to ensure that they are ready to step up - no sense in replacing someone with another inactive person!! There will be a post here in the next day or so.
Necro - you are on the list but there are a few above you - I'll take it as read that you are ready !

That makes sense. We'll patiently wait for the replacement. Smile

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
02-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Replacement Players Announcened
Attention Groups A and H

[drum roll]

We welcome to the Tournament 3 new players hot off the bench with fresh legs TheBitPilot, Silverlapras1747 and collinj14 replacing the inactive players above.

[applause]

I've contacted each of them and they are all ready to roll now so send through your invites.

TheBitPilot will be replacing Chas3r 926 in group A
Silverlapras1747 will be replacing hobbes rule in group H
collinj14 will be replacing Vuvuzaela in group H

Good luck!

King of the Hill
02-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Gratuitous post risking being mobi'd in front of a line of snipers: YAY for the replacements! Especially in Group H which had two of the three, this was seriously cramping our group. My invites are out! Thanks to the replacement players, and to Torbreck for making sure they are in fact active. Smile

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)