Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
top 100 players
07-12-2012, 11:00 PM
top 100 players
If I'm not mistaken the Super Titans league has divisions just like the other leagues. I was hoping there would not be divisions, and only 100 people could be in at a time, the theoretically best current 100 players. Maybe there could be a new league for this? Basically the exact same thing SC2 does.

Perhaps 100 would be too many, 50? 20? It's probably too early for such a thing to be meaningful now, but are there plans for something like this down the line?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: top 100 players
(07-12-2012 11:00 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken the Super Titans league has divisions just like the other leagues. I was hoping there would not be divisions, and only 100 people could be in at a time, the theoretically best current 100 players. Maybe there could be a new league for this? Basically the exact same thing SC2 does.

Perhaps 100 would be too many, 50? 20? It's probably too early for such a thing to be meaningful now, but are there plans for something like this down the line?

I don't think there are any plans for adding leagues. But then again, I'm not a dev.

I'm curious though, how this might work. Could you not get promoted to Super-Titan league if there were already 100 players in there unless some player was recently demoted? What if multiple players were eligible for promotion? Would the first one to finish a match be promoted?
You can see that a fixed limit on a league like this opens the door for some very uncomfortable game theory scenarios, i. e. not finishing a game if you suspect that you're eligible for a promotion to Super-Titan.

Also: given that you currently cannot be demoted due to inactivity, you could end up with lots of "dead accounts" in Super-Titan league who either gave up Outwitters after achieving their goal or who are uncomfortable playing for fear of losing their spot in the Super-Titan league which is hard to get back. This kind of behavior is very counter-productive and is one reason why the league system is the way it is right now.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 11:38 PM
(07-12-2012 11:24 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I'm curious though, how this might work. Could you not get promoted to Super-Titan league if there were already 100 players in there unless some player was recently demoted? What if multiple players were eligible for promotion? Would the first one to finish a match be promoted?

In this new league, lets say... End League for the sake of conversation, you could lose your spot, say 50 of 50 to someone who's skill just passed yours, and thus moved up into the #50 spot. As far as multiple eligibility, the player with the highest behind the scenes skill gets the spot, it could change rapidly or could have a timer, say every 24 hours the rankings get updated.

(07-12-2012 11:24 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Also: given that you currently cannot be demoted due to inactivity, you could end up with lots of "dead accounts" in Super-Titan league who either gave up Outwitters after achieving their goal or who are uncomfortable playing for fear of losing their spot in the Super-Titan league which is hard to get back. This kind of behavior is very counter-productive and is one reason why the league system is the way it is right now.

Only the absolute best would end up in the End League, and it's unlikely the absolute best would stop playing the game. If they did, they'd lose rank due to other players behind the scenes score increasing. There could also be a time penalty for players in this league, so that if they don't play, they drop out. This could be done many ways. The End League would then be the Absolute Best Active players, theoretically. Which is just as good.
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
(07-12-2012 11:38 PM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 11:24 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  I'm curious though, how this might work. Could you not get promoted to Super-Titan league if there were already 100 players in there unless some player was recently demoted? What if multiple players were eligible for promotion? Would the first one to finish a match be promoted?

In this new league, lets say... End League for the sake of conversation, you could lose your spot, say 50 of 50 to someone who's skill just passed yours, and thus moved up into the #50 spot. As far as multiple eligibility, the player with the highest behind the scenes skill gets the spot, it could change rapidly or could have a timer, say every 24 hours the rankings get updated.

(07-12-2012 11:24 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  Also: given that you currently cannot be demoted due to inactivity, you could end up with lots of "dead accounts" in Super-Titan league who either gave up Outwitters after achieving their goal or who are uncomfortable playing for fear of losing their spot in the Super-Titan league which is hard to get back. This kind of behavior is very counter-productive and is one reason why the league system is the way it is right now.

Only the absolute best would end up in the End League, and it's unlikely the absolute best would stop playing the game. If they did, they'd lose rank due to other players behind the scenes score increasing. There could also be a time penalty for players in this league, so that if they don't play, they drop out. This could be done many ways. The End League would then be the Absolute Best Active players, theoretically. Which is just as good.

Based on your further explanation, I think it's obvious that this leagues can only be built by exceptions to the current rules and functions of league play.
Outwitters is not an eSport, it's not supposed to be one and therefore I'm totally fine with the way leagues are right now.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Just to further clarify:
All current leagues would operate exactly as they do now, and there would be a new and final league that would operate differently for the purpose of appeasing the hardcore fans(me) and players.