Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free member formats
12-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Free member formats
First off, I'm happy to be a paying customer to the game. That being said, I don't appreciate games like this that are rewarding paid members. There is no way a 5 gamer can compete with a 35 gamer. I mean it's bad enough, paying members can access more races which is good, but is there no format that is fair to free members? How about a double or triple elimination type format, that way the best aren't just the people who have 35 games. I think people may also underestimate the fact , the more practice(games) you play, it's a huge advantage. This logic just is not conducive to keeping new players
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2013, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 03:43 PM by boyxoneder.)
RE: Free member formats
Because if all games were to be made to cater and reward people for not spending money no games would be made because they would never earn any money. Um dumb

Also the logic is to play people at your skill level I don't understand what is more fair than that. In a perfect system you should win the same amount as you lose. Of course playing more will help a player improve that has nothing to do money spent but time played. And if you played only other free players you would never match up with the other various teams in the game besides scallywags
12-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Is there a Super-Titan who hasn't purchased anything?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-30-2013, 03:47 PM
There are super titans who use scally wags so in theory many of them could have paid nothing even though they chose to support the game
12-30-2013, 07:43 PM
Why can't a 5-gamer compete with a 35-gamer? As far as the division ranking is concerned, 35-gamers can rise quicker, but if you deserve to promote, you will still promote, whether you have 5 or 35 games going. It just may take a little longer.

Also, league game is not the only format of the game. You can go to the Tournaments forum to join tournaments. Though my game limit is 20, I really only have 5 league games going at a time (excluding 2v2) because I am in so many tourneys. BTW you should join the Let's Have Some Fun! tourney. A space is open.

As for race, it is well established that Scallywags and Adorables are tied for best team. Most STs use Adorables only because they are more fun to play, not because they are necessarily better. Or maybe they just suck at scally. Smile

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
12-30-2013, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 08:10 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
Pharmafan used scally only in the past, so did terence, cor reached top 20 before buying anything in the store.. And I guess there would be other example. Outwitters is a game where players who pay aren't advantaged, they will simply be able to play more game at once, which is totally legit. Smile

Bbobb: hey feedback is awesome too Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-31-2013, 12:10 AM
How dare the game developers give the paying members such an advantage! He's right, the people who pay for the extra game slots shouldn't be allowed to use them.

Furthermore, people who have been playing this game for a year or more have an advantage over new players. I propose that all of these people stop playing right now, and carry on Summer 2015 when new players have had a chance to catch up.

Lastly, players with experience have an advantage because they've, you know, played the game before. Therefore I propose that all players, Super Titans, Masters, everybody, just stop taking wit spaces. Spawn a heavy every turn, use every last wit, and just blindly charge into your opponent every game. It's the only way to make it fair

GC name: amoffett11
1v1 Super-Titan
2v2 with .Memories. and 2v2 random Master League

Until you stalk and overrun you can't devour anyone
12-31-2013, 12:48 AM
There's one super super titan I know of that didn't buy anything until he was close to the top
LER4T
So playing 35 games gives no real advantage
12-31-2013, 01:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2013 04:08 AM by Thrutchy.)
So you are saying that more game slots allows you to practice more which gives you a competitive advantage? There are several problems with this argument:
* So what? Money can be used to help improve your skill on almost anything - coach/tutor/trainer, books, access to the playing field, etc.
* With fewer game slots you can achieve the same ratio of league games to practice games as someone who has more slots. You can get just as many practice games in per "real" game. It will just take you longer.
* If you are complaining about being able to rack up division points, those are just a measure of how many games you play. They have very little meaning in terms of skill. What matters is your tier and then top-200 lists.
* You will probably rise quicker (in terms of the hidden skill rating) by playing fewer games at a time. This gives you more time to spend on each game. Since I started, I've usually had more than 5 games going on at a time only because of a tournament. Many of the other top ST's also only play a few games at a time.
12-31-2013, 03:41 AM
I realized that playing more than 5 games at a time has actually caused my gameplay to suffer, and so I have rarely more than 5 games going on at one time.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38