Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding a Quick game mode
12-30-2013, 05:28 AM
RE: Adding a Quick game mode
Hm... Thinking about it, yeah 7 might be too much.

What about 3? Or 4, but not more!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2013, 05:40 AM
The problem though, is what if something suddenly happens in your real life, or you simply loose connection?

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
12-30-2013, 05:48 AM
Well, this is a problem that could happen for any multiplayer ios game (fruit ninja, asphalt, mushroom wars...) Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
12-30-2013, 06:23 AM
I do not believe you should limit the amount of games but I guess you could omit it to four and any purchase would unlock unlimited real time games. But the idea is playing full games at once would allow more players to play and thus have many more serious players. Limiting the real time games to four seems fair to those free loaders because that is still roughly two hours of games a day.

The main concept here is playing a full game in thirty minutes atomically is a much better experience than making 20 moves in various old and possibly stale games. This change would help new players learn the game quickly greatly increasing the amount of people we stay in the game that try it leading to an increase inn revenue in ads and in app purchases. Also with a larger community releasing new teams could become much more profitable.

The major idea is playing a full game at once gets a player more focus and rewards them immediately for doing well by giving them wins and loses and feedback quickly as opposed to now. Also new players do not want to invest the two week commitment to learn the game which is stopping outwitters From reaching mores success.

They could limit the number of games per day until a purchase is made to further increase revenue.

The change would not require very much work for the benefit it would have and I would love to see it soon in this game as I believe it would bring the game back to life and set up new teams or outwitters two very well.a Los with a huge update like his they could re release the game and get many new players who actually stay this time.

Adam and Alex please join the conversation my hopes are so up for this
12-30-2013, 06:36 AM
It is a good idea. Could the two game modes run side by side in the same league though? I don't really see why not.
I personally like dip in and out version, but sometimes I do find myself checking my phone sometimes hoping someone has taken a turn.

cryingGifted Leagueowl
wailing beekMaster Leaguew/Husky Pete
12-30-2013, 02:33 PM
They should be in the same league it's the same game I think the primary mode should be this real time mode and asynch games can be made for those who don't have a lot of time to spend or to supplement real time games
12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
I'd say that their should be separate rankings for a quick game mode. It's kind of a different style of play, fast decisions vs. more intense analysis. Of course, having separate ranking would complicate things more.

Live your life as more than plastic.
12-30-2013, 02:47 PM
It's not really faster decisions, I bet players very rarely take over a minute to make a move the timer could be a two minute max so it's still the same game just without the wait in between you play an entire game start it finish. It isn't meant to change the game or decision making or anything, just give players the option to sit down and experience a full game at once instead if over weeks or sporadic moves threaded in between other games
12-30-2013, 03:56 PM
These ideas have been discussed before. During season one I proposed Outwitters LIVE, where you see opponents move "real time", rendering replay unnessary and shortening time to make your move.
There has been half a dozen timer proposals, too. And goal has been to attract new players, who we now lose. Outwitters just takes too much space if one has 16 gb device.
12-31-2013, 02:01 AM
Yeah it's a good idea and replays would not be necessary which was discussed earlier. You would remember where everyone was