Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding a Quick game mode
12-29-2013, 09:51 PM
RE: Adding a Quick game mode
I like the idea. I don't watch replays anyways out of boredom so I would really use this.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
(12-29-2013 09:51 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I like the idea. I don't watch replays anyways out of boredom so I would really use this.

How can you have full knowledge of what is going on if you never watch replay :o

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Being on an iPhone, I can tell you over 50 games, I've already made at least 3 misclicks. I wish there was an option I could confirm movement.

I actually would like to see no replay timer too. It adds more strategy not knowing where some of those units were.

I would love a timer (as an optional mode) but I do suspect it would gain a lot of popularity than you would be seeing a lot less 5 day move games. However, with timer games gives less incentive to purchase additional games despite I love the idea.
12-30-2013, 02:15 AM
Less to purchase more games but way more players playing an day easier to jump in and play and learn the game. I do not like coming on the game and opening random week old games and just making a move and waiting. To play a game in its entirety would be so much more fun rewarding and competitive and it just feels more fun not waiting or jumping between games. It's a lot better I am not saying get rid of asynch but this mode is vital and I would play the game everyday if it was like this and it would help the game so so much. Asynch ruins the game. Play a full pass and play with a friend it's amazing. Twenty games at once that you make moves randomly is so lame especially for a deep strategy game like this. Do it please I'm like begging. I'd add it to the code if I could
12-30-2013, 02:27 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 02:30 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
While I agree with you, I think async mode also allows some people to play outwitters, and play it well. There are very complex matches where you need to think a lot, really a lot, and it would kinda be even worse if your opponent had to wait for you.

I think both modes should have their own ladder and rankings, like the Flash Ladder and the Turtle Ladder Tongue

I do think this Flash Ladder would be way more attractive for a huge part of the new players (and even old ones, like you boyx). I have just "won" a 2v2 where the player gave up 20 minutes after he took his first turn saying "why does nobody play?". He certainly didn't understand the rules, but this shows very well the player base would be bigger if there was that Flash Mode.

People are discussing many very interesting (and for some, really needed) improvements to the game, if one day Outwitters 2 comes out it will be a perfect game. Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-30-2013, 03:39 AM
I believe this improvement is very important and would love to see it implements soon since it really is not a large amount of work at all
12-30-2013, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 04:26 AM by jchris98.)
I think this would greatly increase the popularity of this game.

Perhaps along with the usual 5 game limit on async. With this mode maybe a limit of one or two per day? But just like the 5 game limit, it increases or goes to unlimited when you make a purchase. Thus increasing revenue.

12-30-2013, 04:37 AM
(12-30-2013 12:07 AM)Modvenger Wrote:  Being on an iPhone, I can tell you over 50 games, I've already made at least 3 misclicks. I wish there was an option I could confirm movement.

I actually would like to see no replay timer too. It adds more strategy not knowing where some of those units were.

I would love a timer (as an optional mode) but I do suspect it would gain a lot of popularity than you would be seeing a lot less 5 day move games. However, with timer games gives less incentive to purchase additional games despite I love the idea.

Umm

[Image: lOd8Jz1.jpg]

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-30-2013, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2013 04:51 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(12-30-2013 03:49 AM)jchris98 Wrote:  I think this would greatly increase the popularity of this game.

Perhaps along with the usual 5 game limit on async. With this mode maybe a limit of one or two per day? But just like the 5 game limit, it increases or goes to unlimited when you make a purchase. Thus increasing revenue.

Considering how fast a flash game would end, one or two seems like a too tiny amount. Smile I guess 7 (because I like 7 Big Grin) matches per day would be good!

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

12-30-2013, 04:55 AM
But would that stop everyone who isn't a serious player from purchasing?