Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding a Quick game mode
12-29-2013, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 03:41 PM by boyxoneder.)
Adding a Quick game mode
I would play outwitters much more if I could make a game find a player and we play a game all in one sitting. Putting a minute timer on each turn and allowing the game to be played in its entirety would also help nEw players learn the game and not get frustrated with the drop out players. If outwitters 2 does come out which I pray does this feature would greatly help the game, although I would love to see it added in the current outwitters as I would not stop playing the game.

Also, more advice in outwitters 2 the teams should be more unique and ads should be prevalent on all free players. But adding the feature to play a game all at once should be the default play type and asynchronous should be secondary. New players are pushed away not wanting to spend two weeks to play a game they do not even understand, giving the a full game experience in about 30 minutes would greatly boost the amount of players who learn and stay with the game.

My idea is that when you create a "real time" game or whatever the game fills up your screen and you do not get to go back through menus or anything it just stays up and you watch their turn and play yours. A minute turn timer I know this May be short no longer than 1 min 30. If a player runs out of time their turn is ended and their next turn time limit is 1/4 the max time until they actually hit the end turn button, to oppose people from letting their turns auto end.

Who else would utilize this feature. I would love to hear from Adam or Alex on this, not only would players who play often enjoy this, but it really helps new players learn the game quickly instead of giving up on it. Many people will not come back and check on their games everyday if they do not fully understand the rules they won't see it as a good investment of their time. You can thank me later Wink.

Also heavies should do 4 DMg. The end

I also quickly want to add that I would like this to be implemented In the current outwitters or the next one. Not only would it be more fun but much easier to play and teach the games, it is more of a grab and asynch being a back up mode for people without the time to sit and play a full game.

Furthermore I posted this elsewhere but to note I believe the next outwitters the teams should have more variation and more aoe and damage over time attacks to counter turtling. Maybe one team has a chain lightning guy where the attack bounces to two adjacent targets and one have a mortar such as the bombshell. This is not really the topic of this post but so,etching else to think about.

Anyway comment on the atomic game play idea (all in one session) and who would prefer that or use it. Ty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2013, 03:45 PM
RE: Adding a Quick game mode
There is a blitz game thread where you can agree to faster playing

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-29-2013, 03:46 PM
It doesn't help the beginning players learn the game and give all the benefits that come with it. Being able to start and finish a game in one session is how the game is meant to be played and it should be fully supported and be primary over asynch IMO
12-29-2013, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 04:06 PM by spacechef.)
I was just thinking about this recently. A one or two minute timer would be great. There are all sorts of tweaks you could make on the base game that would be great. The problem is paying for it. As much as we dedicated players love it, Outwitters wasn't a financial success. I can only hope that our commitment to the game will lead to something down the road.

Has there already been a thread about tweaks to the game that don't involve changing it. I.E. Game timers, wit limits, specific units, etcetera?

Ha, this looks like a Wolfpack thread! Awhooooo!

Live your life as more than plastic.
12-29-2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah I'm guessing this change would help keep players they could re release with a change this large I believe. Outwitters gets new users but doesn't keep them this would help the game so so much playing a game in its entirety makes the game so fun it's unreal and it's easy to hop in and learn and playa. Full game before losing interest in delayed games etc
12-29-2013, 04:23 PM
How much work would adding a timer be? I'm not a programmer, but I'd say that's the question.

12-29-2013, 04:34 PM
It's not just a timer but locking the player into the game and map while waiting for an opponent. It is a couple mild changes at best I am a senior in computer engineering and it really would not be a huge task for the effect it would have on the game. I would plays daily I get bored loading up the game once a day opening up a couple random two week old games and trying to make the best move. With that time I'd much rather play one full game and I am guessing a large majority of players would agree. This game can be played asynch but I believe shouldn't be and not only would it be nice for players like me but new players would be able to play a full game their first time they open the app and would fall in love with it instead of the many that start one game and then never finish it so never get to experience outwitters. That's a major player int he financial success of the game. Adding more variety per team and area of attack and damage over time characters and this atomic game mode would make outwitters two something special
12-29-2013, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 05:05 PM by spacechef.)
Carcassonne is a board game adaption that makes use of timers for their quick play games. One of my favorites.

8-ball pool is another example.

12-29-2013, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2013 05:10 PM by boyxoneder.)
I was thinking more like hearthstone. The game could be set up to be played asynch but it takes away from the strategy and feel of the game if you played multiple games across weeks instead of one game at once. The strategy and feel of the game is felt much better in its entirety and it should be an option in outwitters, I believe it should be encouraged instead of asynch. Asynch is for boring games like scrabble or something but it's my belief asynch ruins games and takes an important element out of the games. Imagine playing a great game of outwitters all at once you would be able to focus on one game and instantly be rewarded or punished for your decisions. Ugh it's frustrating that it is not supported and would help the game reach the success it deserves

And it is not a very demanding change for the huge effect it would have on the game. I believe they should implement it and see if their player base changes and if so then they should create an outwitters two with the same formulae except more variations of teams and more area of effect damage dealers
12-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Anyway, adding a timer would focus things. No time for analyzing replays, you just have to make your moves and live with it. One of the most disappointing things about this game is that, with my 35 game limit full, no one else is playing. Locked in play with a timer would remedy this.