Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Tier o' Skill
12-25-2013, 03:56 PM
A new Tier o' Skill
I have noticed that there is a huge difference between gifted league and master league. In season 3, I had been ranging from #10 to #1 in gifted for several months, beating any gifted players I played and losing to any masters. Eventually I got to #1, with my points staying at around 450, too good to go down, but too bad to be promoted. I think there should be a sixth tier o' skill between Gifted and Masters (don't ask me what to call it) for players like me.

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-25-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 04:10 PM by ElPared.)
RE: A new Tier o' Skill
I think this season the top levels of Gifted are better players. I've been #1-4 in Gifted since the new season and beaten about half of the masters I've played, but I still lose to some of the gifted guys too.

but if they added another league in between Gifted and Masters they could call it "Prodigal" maybe... Idk, the league names have no real connection to eachother. Clever -> Gifted makes sense, Gifted -> Masters makes sense, but Fluffy and Super Titan don't seem to fit with those other two to me logically.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
12-25-2013, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 06:22 PM by TheQwertiest.)
i think being at the top of your division doesnt mean that youre at the top level in the league. from my understanding, it just means you play more. being at the top of the division means youve stayed on the league longer and was still not promoted so your points get higher.

my understanding
division ranking = activity
hidden ranking = skill
being high on both means youre awesome. maintaining a high level of skill while playing more games.

back to topic i think masters and ST also need a division inbetween them where only the best of the best get to ST.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-25-2013, 08:10 PM
I've seen a rank 2 masters demote before.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-25-2013, 09:25 PM
(12-25-2013 06:19 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  i think being at the top of your division doesnt mean that youre at the top level in the league. from my understanding, it just means you play more. being at the top of the division means youve stayed on the league longer and was still not promoted so your points get higher.

my understanding
division ranking = activity
hidden ranking = skill
being high on both means youre awesome. maintaining a high level of skill while playing more games.

back to topic i think masters and ST also need a division inbetween them where only the best of the best get to ST.

gifted is different because the # of points you get for a win is about the same as the # you lose for a loss, about 11-12. since opponents get harder as you win more, the div ranking is more or less a decent judgment of skill

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

[Image: sig.png]
12-25-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2013 11:19 PM by TheGoldenGriffin.)
Being in the top of your division doesn't mean your one of the top players of that league. Your only comparing yourself to 100 random players out of 1955 players (and those are only the ones that got accounted for) in Gifted League. Plus more active players can get more points and be higher in the leaderboards

(12-25-2013 06:19 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  back to topic i think masters and ST also need a division inbetween them where only the best of the best get to ST.

There was a thread complaining that it was too hard to get into ST and wanted to lower the threshold so i think we should leave it.

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
12-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Uh... 1955?

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
12-26-2013, 12:54 AM
(12-26-2013 12:50 AM)Chemoeum Wrote:  Uh... 1955?

From OSN stats:
http://osn.codepenguin.com/statistics

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-26-2013, 12:58 AM
(12-25-2013 11:14 PM)TheGoldenGriffin Wrote:  There was a thread complaining that it was too hard to get into ST and wanted to lower the threshold so i think we should leave it.

i think that was 2v2 and a&a changed the threshold.

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*