Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Win/Loss required for promotion: A new and different model
12-26-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Win/Loss required for promotion: A new and different model
Because of the the varying sizes of player pools only 1v1 gives us anything approaching useable numbers to crunch in order to guess at promotion mechanics. I have never come across someone who has won 50 and lost just 1 without being promoted and the only time you get a promotion with a record of won 5 lost 2 would be in a 2v2 mode or straight after your 5 placement games. But that's just from looking at the data presented to me in the other thread.

The other problem I see with your hypothesis is that the system would have to log 2 sets of games independently and then somehow merge them back into one at some point. For example, a player in your system has filled all their x game slots but has one or two that are turning into 200+ turn games, with one or both players taking 5 days per turn, so they start filling up their y game slots. After winning, say, 30 y games with no losses they finally complete their x games with the required win/loss record for promotion. How does the system log the y games? Does it ignore them? Does it promote the player straight away to the next level thereby giving them a double promotion? Again, I've never come across a player who has stats anywhere near approaching this.

Never say never but it just doesn't seem to work. Do you have your actual full win/loss record? Not that I'm in the know but may be able to shed some light on it.

Everything Changes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Win/Loss required for promotion: A new and different model - phineas94 - 12-26-2013 07:38 PM