Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stalemate Affect on Ranking?
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Stalemate Affect on Ranking?
Does ending a game in a stalemate (positioning your warriors so the other player cannot spawn new ones, yet ending with both bases undamaged) give you fewer or a different amount of league points than just trashing another player? Also, does the amount of hit points on your own base at the end of the game affect your ranking in any way?

Or is it all simply wins vs. losses?

Thanks for any tips.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
RE: Stalemate Affect on Ranking?
If you block enemy spawns and they do not have any more units, you win.
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
If you destroy their units and trap their spawns, the win will give the same rewards
07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
What if you both trap each others spawns? Smile I think there should be a stalemate button. Perhaps you could request a stalemate or have a button that has stalemate on it and then if both players have it checked at any given time then the game is considered a draw?
07-12-2012, 02:49 PM
(07-12-2012 02:41 PM)digger-04 Wrote:  What if you both trap each others spawns? Smile I think there should be a stalemate button. Perhaps you could request a stalemate or have a button that has stalemate on it and then if both players have it checked at any given time then the game is considered a draw?

Trapping each others spawns is highly unlikely but is a definite possibility. And of course, you move off their spawn and you will most likely lose. Definitely needs a stalemate button. However, they also need one more thing with that. Let's say the other person does not want a stalement but ONLY wants a win... They would need to implement an automatic stalemate if no one has moved in 3 turns (each player skips three turns, not three in total).
This would work because a player wanting a stalemate could end his turn. Then it would be the player wanting a win's turn. He has to either end his turn, or he can let the auto forfeit occur in 4 days. Of course he doesn't want a loss though so he just can keep ending his turn, or he can just be reasonable and accept the stalemate.
07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Good call on the auto stalemate. I only mention the button because I am currently in a game where my opponent has started to stack heavys infront of his base. In turn I have started to do the same building up wits. I have a plan to go in with some mobis and snipers. But I could see where this game could end up a stalemate.
07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
The only way, I can imagine a true stalemate is if both players block each others Spawn Space and the only units on the field are two medics, one for each team. This cannot be resolved and does not end the game. Everything else might seem like a stalemate, but there is always a way to win or lose.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Or both teams have a heavy on each others spawns an it's SF island. If you move of the spawn, the enemy spawns something to kill you and wins. So you don't move. And you can't hit the other teams base.
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
but even if one unit is standing on the spawn space they can still attack the base cant they?

[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 10:25 PM
(07-12-2012 04:50 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  The only way, I can imagine a true stalemate is if both players block each others Spawn Space and the only units on the field are two medics, one for each team. This cannot be resolved and does not end the game. Everything else might seem like a stalemate, but there is always a way to win or lose.

If that, the first medic onto a spawn would win Wink