Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPro vs Wolfpack Meeting : iPro discussion
12-01-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Turn 23
Yeah attacking into them might be dangerous especially since we are not using our full force. not using that second scrambler in our attack is essentially 9 wits less than we could be attacking with.

defensive option might be good, I think we already got a good exchange last turn and they wasted a lot of wits preparing for our attack this turn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 10:19 PM
I actually like Trutchy's crazy attack because moving back our units is costly. Let's discuss.

iPro Clan
12-02-2013, 12:37 AM
You are right terence about that counter - we'd be finished. I think that response may be too likely because they will want some vision first.

Here is a visual of the partial attack you just suggested:

[Image: 3LFhz5tl.jpg]

This might work. I haven't explored the counters, yet. I'm glad to see we are finding some attack options!
12-02-2013, 01:32 AM
Thanks for visualizing my suggested attack. I still like your crazy attack.

iPro Clan
12-02-2013, 04:45 AM
their response imo to terence's attack:

scrambler f1 -> g2 scrambler our scrambler (1)
scrambler g2 scramble solider in g3 (0)

Here is the part that screws things up
soldier g3 -> f3, soldier f2 -> g3 kill our soldeir in f4 (3)

soldier d4 -> e4, sniper c4 -> d4 both kill heavy (3)
scrambler g3 -> e3 (1)
soldier g1 -> h2 (1)
Total cost 9 wits
at this point our response will either be to fall back (at which point we lost) or 2 attack. If we attack our only option is 2 somehow scramble their scrambler at g2. If we cannot we are unable to kill scrambler at e3. Which will screw us up in their next move.

B/c of the part that screws us up we have no way to kill soldier in h2. And thus we cannot scramble their scrambler in g2.
12-02-2013, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 08:33 AM by Thrutchy.)
With that counter, we can easily kill the h2 soldier. We can use the I2 and G5 soldiers or I2 and a runner. That soldier is only 3hp.

With Terence's partial attack, they can kill our scrambler H4 by first killing our soldiers on G3 and F4, then scramble the soldier with new scrambler on G5 and scrambler on H4. They can figure this out as soon as they scramble our scrambler. We'd lose.
12-02-2013, 09:18 AM
(12-02-2013 07:58 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  With that counter, we can easily kill the h2 soldier. We can use the I2 and G5 soldiers or I2 and a runner. That soldier is only 3hp.

With Terence's partial attack, they can kill our scrambler H4 by first killing our soldiers on G3 and F4, then scramble the soldier with new scrambler on G5 and scrambler on H4. They can figure this out as soon as they scramble our scrambler. We'd lose.

O thought h2 solider had 4hp.

If the problem is that we can lose our scrambler in H4 (which is a big problem), we could move him to J3 instead. Obvious downside would be that he is killable if they scramble soldier in i2 and randomly move him to k2 before attacking. But I dont see this as highly likely.

From quickly looking at this possibilities I'm fairly certain we would be able to kill the 2 scramblers they have + the scrambler soldier. Not sure if it's worth the trade though.

Cool attack strategies but I'm still up for a retreat.
12-02-2013, 01:37 PM
My all-out attack is easily defeated if they start by killing the scrambled soldier with a runner (after getting the sniper out of the way). Then they would see they could scramble our attacking scrambler, kill our medic with the F2 soldier, and then scramble our other scrambler. Game over.

Here is a minimal defensive play:

[Image: 7izcRmBl.jpg]

They won't be able to kill the heavy in that location (one of my favorite hexes) on the next turn. But the heavy pretty much has to attack on our next turn, because he can't get out.
12-02-2013, 01:59 PM
I like it
12-02-2013, 06:50 PM
I like that too, it really puts pressure on them to do something, although they will probably conclude not to since if they tried to attack it would be suicide. But this way we can attack with our full force next turn too.