Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Balance of Outwitters
01-08-2014, 07:30 AM
RE: The Balance of Outwitters
Mobi is not OP. The more I play and the more I think scrambler is at least as good as mobi. This unit is so cost efficient!
I think you are surprised by this special, but after watching top player replays and with experience you'll see many ways to counter mobi's powers Wink Each special has its weaknesses, and mobi has plenty of them.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 07:37 AM by Plasmaexe.)
(01-08-2014 07:30 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Mobi is not OP. The more I play and the more I think scrambler is at least as good as mobi. This unit is so cost efficient!
I think you are surprised by this special, but after watching top player replays and with experience you'll see many ways to counter mobi's powers Wink Each special has its weaknesses, and mobi has plenty of them.

Mind sharing some of those or an example of it backfiring :v?

I know it can be a bit risky sometimes, but considering how far scouts can see, it's hard to screw up. It's just a matter of waiting for the right moment which shouldn't be too difficult. I don't think every player has the wisps to cover every adjacent space of the barrack (the ability to defend kind of varies from stage to stage though). I still have yet to encounter anyone using it against me, but I've had almost no problems using it except one match due to forgetting that sniper range can be blocked by units (that didn't seem to be the case on Sharkfood island).
01-08-2014, 07:36 AM
Seems you're new enough that I wouldn't even worry about it for now plasma Tongue

Just keep doing what you're doing and winning the games and you will soon be matched against players that can stop you!
01-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Awp is right, I think once you will meet players of
your level you will encounter good defense and you will understand Smile

to watch high level replays, go on the website: Outwitters Sports Network. There is a super titan section on the homepage, and you will be able to see how mobi is best played and particulary best countered!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-08-2014, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 07:57 AM by .Memories..)
(01-08-2014 07:42 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Awp is right, I think once you will meet players of
your level you will encounter good defense and you will understand Smile

to watch high level replays, go on the website: Outwitters Sports Network. There is a super titan section on the homepage, and you will be able to see how mobi is best played and particulary best countered!

Outwitters Sports Network if you don't want to go searching, plasma. Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-08-2014, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 09:18 AM by Plasmaexe.)
Cool thanks for the input! Guess I'll wait till I rank up to see how good you guys are : P.

This might be a bit off topic but I'll ask anyway, How often do you have to win to rank up? I'm still a fluffy newbie. There's 60 people in the Fluffy League and just about everyone except the top 13 actually have a score that isn't 0. Currently, it lists me as number 3 tied with some other guy with 17 and number 1 at 18.

EDIT: Was gonna make another topic on it if anyone else wanted to know, but probably easier to just post here : v.
01-08-2014, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 08:55 AM by .Memories..)
(01-08-2014 08:42 AM)Plasmaexe Wrote:  Cool thanks for the input! Guess I'll wait till I rank up to see how good you guys are : P.

This might be a bit off topic but I'll ask anyway, How often do you have to win to rank up? I'm still a fluffy newbie. There's 60 people in the Fluffy League and just about everyone except the top 13 actually have a score that isn't 0. Currently, it lists me as number 3 tied with some other guy with 17 and number 1 at 18.

I'll give you the short version., but also link a long version if I can find it in a min. can't find the one I was thinking of, but there are plenty on this forum if you search.

Your score that you can see has no bearing on whether or not you will be promoted ("rank up"). You can think of this as the more you play the more points you get.

Your hidden rating (a number you cannot see) is what determines promotion. This number is calculated differently from the score you can see and is based on your opponents hidden rating.

The only real way to tell if you're close to promotion is if you start playing those in the league above you (since your hidden rating is getting closer to theirs, the system will match you up). In your case, you will start playing players in Clever. I'm not sure how close the the ranges are for Fluffy -> Clever, though, so you may just be promoted without playing any Clevers, but in higher leagues this is more true.

That all being said, just keep winning games more than you lose them and you should eventually be promoted.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
01-08-2014, 09:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 09:19 AM by Plasmaexe.)
(01-08-2014 08:48 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 08:42 AM)Plasmaexe Wrote:  Cool thanks for the input! Guess I'll wait till I rank up to see how good you guys are : P.

I'll give you the short version., but also link a long version if I can find it in a min. can't find the one I was thinking of, but there are plenty on this forum if you search.

Your score that you can see has no bearing on whether or not you will be promoted ("rank up"). You can think of this as the more you play the more points you get.

Your hidden rating (a number you cannot see) is what determines promotion. This number is calculated differently from the score you can see and is based on your opponents hidden rating.

The only real way to tell if you're close to promotion is if you start playing those in the league above you (since your hidden rating is getting closer to theirs, the system will match you up). In your case, you will start playing players in Clever. I'm not sure how close the the ranges are for Fluffy -> Clever, though, so you may just be promoted without playing any Clevers, but in higher leagues this is more true.

That all being said, just keep winning games more than you lose them and you should eventually be promoted.

Ah ok, good to know thanks! I was gonna make another topic on it if anyone else wanted to know, but probably easier to just post here since it's one of the more active topics.