Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
02-16-2014, 07:57 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE]
There are good arguments both ways. Points are problematic in outwitters because, in most cases, it's good strategy to let someone hit your base (and bad strategy to hit theirs) unless a win is in sight. I can't tell you how many times I've made a come back because someone attacked my base too early. Also, a lot of people are playing for the base points near the end, when they know they've lost, rather than defending with all of their resources. It's playing within the rules of course but just shows that base health isn't always an indicator of the dominance in that game. It's not like in sports where scoring more goals is always a good thing.

All that is to say that there is no real argument suggesting someone was stronger just because they were able to inflict (and receive) more base damage. I think turns taken is more effective - but then that also varies greatly by map.

(02-16-2014 07:09 AM)Pytosz Wrote:  Btw. If there is big and small points draw I would do it like in football (soccer) - who scores more points is in the lead. It's much easier than what was proposed by trutchy.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Time for a quick review! - Torbreck - 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE] - Alan Klaus - 02-16-2014 07:57 AM