Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
02-09-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE]
(02-09-2014 01:50 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  hmm... Redo will be a little unfair to the third guy in the group if he turns out win, but on the other hand we might lose a great player, what a pity!

Another.suggestion is allow the redo but give him a point penalty to balance, so he has to win almost all games and with high Pf to be the second in team

Then.....I understand. The problem is losing "a great player". If timed out a fluffy he didn't have an other opportunity. Now I'm sure this is unfair to annemariew28 that is third player.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2014, 02:05 AM
Hmm no offense to fluffy.... I just feel sorry about his time out since I seldom see him participant in tourneys, eventually it's his fault for sure.
02-09-2014, 02:19 AM
One quick thing. With those particular 3 losses, he could still be #1 seed in our division. Assuming he wins all other games. But we don't know all other results... Sad

[Image: sig.png]
02-09-2014, 02:45 AM
Oh, then I worried too much.
02-09-2014, 02:58 AM
The issue isn't losing or keeping a player - I believe Torbreck and Awepertunity were simply being compassionate. My issue is the precedent... anyone could time out and then later give an excuse to try again. I catch students lying all the time after missing deadlines so maybe I'm jaded but the rules are clear here. Also, there are prizes at stake for underdogs going far in the tourny. Regardless, I won't complain any more as Torbreck and Awpertunity have put a ton of effort and money into this.
02-09-2014, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:11 AM by Paco bru.)
(02-09-2014 02:05 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Hmm no offense to fluffy.... I just feel sorry about his time out since I seldom see him participant in tourneys, eventually it's his fault for sure.

I'm not offending fluffies. I'm trying to explain (in my very poor English) that ALL the players must have same rules. Same opportunities to fluffies than titans. In my opinion ALL timed out must go home. Rules can not be changed during tourney.
02-09-2014, 03:37 AM
(02-09-2014 03:08 AM)Paco bru Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 02:05 AM)His_Daddy Wrote:  Hmm no offense to fluffy.... I just feel sorry about his time out since I seldom see him participant in tourneys, eventually it's his fault for sure.

I'm not offending fluffies. I'm trying to explain (in my very poor English) that ALL the players must have same rules. Same opportunities to fluffies than titans. In my opinion ALL timed out must go home. Rules can not be changed during tourney.

He was saying that he might be offending Fluffies, not you Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
02-09-2014, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2014 03:45 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(02-09-2014 02:58 AM)Alan Klaus Wrote:  The issue isn't losing or keeping a player - I believe Torbreck and Awepertunity were simply being compassionate. My issue is the precedent... anyone could time out and then later give an excuse to try again. I catch students lying all the time after missing deadlines so maybe I'm jaded but the rules are clear here. Also, there are prizes at stake for underdogs going far in the tourny. Regardless, I won't complain any more as Torbreck and Awpertunity have put a ton of effort and money into this.

I do agree with it. Everyone should be treated the same way, and the way the rules say. If joel had said about his problem before timing out it wouldn't have been the same deal, but here it is clear that his timeouts are timeouts, period. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
02-09-2014, 05:00 AM
(02-09-2014 12:31 AM)Alan Klaus Wrote:  Just my two cents, but a Game Center crash doesn't preclude someone from writing here in advance of their timeout. The tournament rules are extremely clear for this tournament and this kind of exception would unfortunately set a very open precedent.

(02-08-2014 10:28 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  Hi all - in reference to the post above from joelduque we have reviewed the games that have timed out and its clear that neither player had an advantage at the time so all the affected games will be reset and played again.
Thx - Torbreck and Awpertunity.

I agree with Alan

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 05:07 AM
(02-09-2014 03:37 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(02-09-2014 03:08 AM)Paco bru Wrote:  

He was saying that he might be offending Fluffies, not you Smile

In fact, my poor English. When this forum in Spanish? I'm sorry His Daddy.