Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
01-14-2014, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 07:35 PM by xanaq.)
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Started - POST REPLAYS HERE]
(01-01-2014 08:42 AM)Torbreck Wrote:  The following players are currently on the stand-by list (in order).

xanaq
Nezoshins
S59200
chezedude
wbgoldsmith
sancho*panza
ZepRamble
Furged
rackel j

HOWEVER!!!!!! The intent of this tourney was not to be exclusive and keep people out - rather the quota of 80 players was intended to be a realistic managable number for registrations. If there is still significant interest and a further 7 people register their details in the next 24 hours (i.e.. a total of 16 ) then we will expand the list to 96 (by increasing the size of the pools from 5 to 6) all other aspects of the tourney will remain the same and there would be no further extensions beyond this.

After this and then when it was expanded to 96, i assumed i was in.
I think he said so somewhere, maybe in the game he started to get my seeding etc.

Yes, i just checked the chat in the game. He said i was in the 96. When i asked what i needed to do he said nothing. That the details of who to play would be published on 15th, i checked a bit earlier than that and saw i wasnt there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2014, 08:14 PM
(01-14-2014 07:17 PM)xanaq Wrote:  Yes, i just checked the chat in the game. He said i was in the 96. When i asked what i needed to do he said nothing. That the details of who to play would be published on 15th, i checked a bit earlier than that and saw i wasnt there.

Please see the post in the announcements thread regarding the outcome of this issue. Xanaq will be playing

I would add that it was a simple admin mistake and I understand that it means someone has to miss out, but I hope everyone understands that this resolution is the fairest in the situation, albeit that it would have been significantly better if the competition hadn't started.

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
01-14-2014, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 10:36 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
In the detail matches pdf, group K, a player's name isn't written right: it's spidey911 30 and not spidey911.

I'm also posting to question the relevance of the base damage being a way to solve ties. As well as the number of turns taken to win, this number doesn't mean anything and shouldn't be used in such an important tournament. At least head to head must be second instead of third because it means way more..

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
01-14-2014, 11:02 PM
I completely agree. It also sends the wrong message to new players about base damage. Wasn't base damage a tie breaker initially in the first world cup? From what I remember, everybody hated it and it was changed to number of turns.

IMHO, standard measures (not outwitters specific) like head to head (or those named scores) should be the first tie breakers. Then use things like turns and base damage as a last resort.
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2014 12:11 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(01-14-2014 11:02 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I completely agree. It also sends the wrong message to new players about base damage. Wasn't base damage a tie breaker initially in the first world cup? From what I remember, everybody hated it and it was changed to number of turns.

IMHO, standard measures (not outwitters specific) like head to head (or those named scores) should be the first tie breakers. Then use things like turns and base damage as a last resort.

I'd be even more extreme by recommanding tiebreakers matches instead, as last resort, as it happens in the elite championship/soon to be elite tourney. I don't see why someone who won very quickly or who got a chance to hit the base would have played better than the other player(s) he's tied with. It will lead to people continuing the battle and trying to delay the defeat as much as possible, even though they are sure to lose, or send sneaky runners to get the opponent's base down to 3 or 2hp. It's not the purpose of the game to take care of each hp of your base or aim at winning the quickest possible! Smile

edit: the amount of turns is more convenient than the base damage though, so if you guys really need such a criteria, you could go with it. But please no base damage.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Hey i'd like to enter if it's still possible

Sackline - BRA

At the end of season 3 I was placed at 8th on Master League
01-15-2014, 01:59 AM
Woop! Here we go. GL all. Smile

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
01-15-2014, 03:53 AM
(12-17-2013 11:21 AM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  
(12-17-2013 11:19 AM)DimebagDerek Wrote:  Throw me in. I'll try to do team USA proud.

GC: jenmin0

Can`t invite Derek using his former GCID (Jenmin0)….seems to be eradicated? Shall I invite him through another GCID? jenmin0 is written in the brackets but doesn't work….
01-15-2014, 03:58 AM
His gc id is actually dimebagderek.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

01-15-2014, 04:01 AM
(01-15-2014 03:58 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  His gc id is actually dimebagderek.

Thanks, Mag!c, I know…..but is it OK to invite someone using another ID than written down in the brackets here?