Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
08-11-2014, 05:54 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [4 Players left - semi finals]
Hi,

Here are the replays:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA6viimwgM

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAxvj8qQsM

We are still playing the third game with an advantage for His_Daddy

Gg His_Daddy !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2014, 04:51 AM
Here is the last one.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA-t_fmwoM

Gg again
08-19-2014, 02:07 AM
gg! gl in the future

Fluffy League
10-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Here are the three games against Alvendor:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArpyCtQoM
 outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArvCBtgoM
 outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAroqUuAoM

With each of us choosing Adorables at different matches in Skullduggery, it would come down to the War Garden matchup. That was an exciting one!

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
10-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Very Exciting & Good game.

Turn 28 is the most critical turn
10-11-2014, 12:16 PM
Wow - that last game was awesome !

Congrats Poweewee - first of the grand finalists

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
10-11-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [3 Players left - semi finals]
Thanks! I keep wondering if I might have won on turn 27 if I kept the new runner on turn 25 one hex back....

I didn't think Alvendor would miss the hole in his defense...it might have gone a lot longer if he focused on defending

Super-Titan Top 200: #2
Super-Titan Winner, 2013 Winter World Cup, OWSA Tournament
10-15-2014, 12:14 AM
(10-10-2014 09:23 AM)poweewee Wrote:  Here are the three games against Alvendor:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArpyCtQoM
 outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICArvCBtgoM
 outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAroqUuAoM

With each of us choosing Adorables at different matches in Skullduggery, it would come down to the War Garden matchup. That was an exciting one!

Great match on War Garden!

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
10-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Well ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls we are finally here. Starting in January with 96 competitors representing 25 countries and after some 500+ games we've finally come down to the last 2 -

The Grand Final of the 2014 Outwitters World Cup.

The champion:
Representing the Philippines and the current holder of the 2013 OWC is poweewee.

The challenger:
Representing Germany and beating current league #1 L3R4T is Pharmafan

This is it - the winner takes 1st prize of $150 and the coveted title of Outwitters World Champion with the runner up taking $100.
Also in the 3rd v 4th place game are L3R4T from France vs Alvendor from Sweden with the winner of that match taking $50.

To be fair to all competitors (allowing L3R4T and Pharmafan a short break) the games will commence on 1 November 2014 and should be initiated by the higher qualifier (poweewee/L3R4T). Competitors are free to mutually agree in which order they wish to start their games.

Just to recap the rules.
It is a best of 5 match - 3 games required for victory.

The maps to be used are:
- Glitch (p1/p2)
- Sweet Tooth (p1/p2)
- Thorn Gully (poweewee and L3R4T will have P1/P2 choice in their respective matches)

You may not use the same race more than twice.

Timeouts.
Because of the importance of these games (and because this question has been raised) there is a clarification to the timeout rule in the competition. When the competition first started in January the automatic game timeouts were inconsistent (4-7 days sometimes) and therefore 4-day forfeit rule was added to keep things moving. Now that that this issue is no longer present in the game the 4-day forfeit (by posting a screen shot) rule will be removed and the normal game timeouts will apply instead.

Good luck to all 4 competitors!

Torbreck and Awpertunity

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
10-25-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: 2014 Outwitters World Cup! [Grand Final]
(10-11-2014 05:13 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Thanks! I keep wondering if I might have won on turn 27 if I kept the new runner on turn 25 one hex back....

I didn't think Alvendor would miss the hole in his defense...it might have gone a lot longer if he focused on defending

A bit late but wanted to comment on that war garden game. One of the more interesting games I've played. Except for my last turn I think it was good play by both, bunch of mistakes but just a result of several very tough choices.

I should probably have expected that early bombshell, at the time I was thinking you were rushing 3hp soldiers. But then I got a bit lucky with the scrambler trap and killed the BS. Now I had a wit advantage but it was very hard to make something out of it. Usually I would build up my position and slowly make my position stronger, but with the race matchup you would win a game with many units on each side. So I had to push forward.

There was so many wits unspent from you so I though you had a new bombshell and that was what I was counting on when I attacked with my second scrambler. When all you had was soldiers I was in big trouble.

As you said on turn 27, yeah I was pretty nervous when I moved the soldier blind and knew I had lost the game unless you had the runner on precisely that tile!

After that I had a wit advantage again but only 1hp base. And after the huge blunder it was game over of course.

In retrospect it was probably a mistake by me to try to go after your wit space when I had the wit advantage. Feedback might not be able to do that against scallies I might have been better off sacrificing wit advantage to take chunks off the base' hp like you did.

Anyway, great game!

Soldier spam FTW