Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Play Fast Tourney?
12-12-2013, 05:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 05:43 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
RE: Play Fast Tourney?
Mostly timezone issues, or people needing to take a day off. But also, even 1 turn a day isn't really that 'fast'. That 1 game will still take on average probably 1-2 weeks to finish.

But with the more flexible multiple game format, you get a lot of games finished fast (on average fast) and get to play a lot of turns, but still only spend a short period of time (and you don't have to wait for the other person to respond).

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 05:47 AM
I do like the idea of having lots of games against 1 person. I know when I played against Doodat, and usually when I play against Husty Pete, we typically take a turn every few minutes which is the idea I was trying to get at with the idea for this tournament.

[Image: sig.png]
12-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Yeah, you wouldn't quite completely get the "blitz" game feel, since it's not one game you are playing fast, but you do get some of that because you are playing many turns in a short period of time, without having to wait.

I agree blitz games are really fun, but it's rare for most people to find the time and an opponent with the time at the same time.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
12-12-2013, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2013 06:25 AM by HuskyPete.)
I don't see why 1 day time limit is unreasonable. I'm sure there are enough people here that check their games at least once a day to make this work. If you only play a couple days a week then maybe it's not for you. We have plenty of tourneys with 4 day limits. I think this is worth a try at least. If everyone times out we learned it doesn't work. As for a game taking 2 weeks, I think that is still not bad if there is daily action. At least it prevents a game taking months. Again I play in the other tourneys too and an fine with those formats, but I think this might be fun for a specific group of addicts that is constantly checking their phones. Or at least makes time once or twice a day. If you see the gifted/master tourney or soon to be elite tourney, there are a group of us that finished our games relatively quickly. If a tourney was made up of just the people who like to play like that, it would be done! I understand it isn't for everyone, but I hope others post if they are interested.

My only concern might be Christmas haha. Id end up divorced. Or having to "use the bathroom" 10 times lol

12-12-2013, 07:05 AM
(12-12-2013 05:47 AM)lawtai Wrote:  I do like the idea of having lots of games against 1 person. I know when I played against Doodat, and usually when I play against Husty Pete, we typically take a turn every few minutes which is the idea I was trying to get at with the idea for this tournament.

I usually can find a time to just finish a game straight up, in one sitting, if the other person is willing.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
12-12-2013, 08:16 AM
well i play more or less 6 days a week so i want to do this tourney, but some days i just can't so...

RIP, these forums

Lost the game
LegacyofFive the goat

12-12-2013, 09:50 AM
I think the one day limit would work. Everyone signing up would just have to be able to play at least once a day (reasonable). You could also accommodate if someone knew in advance they would miss a day.

I also think it would be difficult, but not impossible, to do a format where people arrange a certain time in advance to play the games in like an hour
12-13-2013, 03:52 AM
I think there would totally be enough interest to make it happen, especially if the tourney was small, like say, 8-16 participants.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-13-2013, 05:38 AM
Not for me hahaha. For those who played against me... They know lol

GC: Jamay235 Gifted League
GC: **MissMarvel** Gifted League

****Rêver est peut-être la chose la plus nécessaire qui soit****
12-13-2013, 06:12 AM