Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharkfood Island Sniper move.
11-27-2013, 09:55 PM
Sharkfood Island Sniper move.
Long time since I've posted on here - but I've just been caught with a very interesting (although one which gives Mobi yet another advantage) move on Sharkfood Island which I though I'd share, although it may be something that's well established it's the first time in all the time I've been playing that I've seen it!

[Image: sharkfood.jpg]

Even if you have full coverage across the front of the base on Sharkfood Island, a sniper dropped onto the square shown with an X can hit it around the back. New one on me!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2013, 10:04 PM
RE: Sharkfood Island Sniper move.
This is known for about a year now haha Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
11-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Haha! Ah well.. I'm surprised that's the first time it's happened to me then!
11-27-2013, 10:40 PM
It can also happen on skullduggery! but, strangely, it's not possible on the top hexes of sweet tooth.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-28-2013, 12:07 AM
I realize that this is an old post, but thought I'd chime in anyway. Here's probably the best use of that hex and the unblockable shot that I've ever seen. They used three mobis to mobi in a sniper, mobi him back out to get him out of the way, then mobi in a second sniper to end it all from that spot in one turn. I thought it was as impressive a mobilization as I'd ever seen, even if I thought it was almost as equally lame since it meant he didn't have to attack me anywhere. Smile
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...rTswoM#213

-DuMonster-
(also plays as DuMontster)
11-28-2013, 12:35 AM
I call copycat Tongue

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...IPQAgw#188

11-28-2013, 01:49 AM
I'm amazed this hasn't happened to me before! I've been in Master for long enough that I thought someone would have tried it..
11-28-2013, 01:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:54 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(11-28-2013 01:49 AM)Tenrabbits Wrote:  I'm amazed this hasn't happened to me before! I've been in Master for long enough that I thought someone would have tried it..

Indeed, you normally see it in master..! Maybe that's because you are defending too well? I mean, if your base is at 5hp, unless your opponent plans a huge trick as erik and gfish showed, you won't die with a simple sniper combo, so your opponent won't do it. Or maybe that's because your opponents didn't need to do this trick to crush you. Big Grin

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-28-2013, 01:55 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:57 AM by Thrutchy.)
I don't think you could get away with this (multi mobis) against an aggressive ST. Especially on a single spawn map. I usually attack hard when I know of multiple mobis. An all out attack with regular units also works well against even one mobi on a small map. One or mobis become useless when you attack with a big force close to the mobis. Kill everything but the mobis.
11-28-2013, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:59 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
(11-28-2013 01:55 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  I don't think you could get away with this (multi mobis) against an aggressive ST. Especially on a single spawn map. I usually attack hard when I know of multiple mobis. An all out attack with regular units also works well against even one mobi on a small map. One or mobis become useless when you attack with a big force close to the mobis. Kill everything but the mobis.

You are absolutely right (I learnt it the hard way agaisnt you), but on SFI you just can't scout what your opponent has after a certain amount of turtling turns, so knowing whether your opponent spawned several mobis or not is very tough.

You can ask a...
(drawing by Chemoeum)