Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
11-04-2013, 02:32 PM
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
Posted rd 4 with comments. I know there were a good amount of mistakes here, but advice is always welcome !

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 02:48 PM
(11-04-2013 02:32 PM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Posted rd 4 with comments. I know there were a good amount of mistakes here, but advice is always welcome !

Okay, I gave it a cursory glance, I might go back and talk about it more in detail.
You are right, your turn 14 might not have been ideal, but it was a wit space tap and it distracted him.
Your opponent started off focusing on your base and not remembering about possible snipers. In other words, he tunnel-visioned. This gave you a huge lead because he lost those units and spent so many moving them up, to do almost nothing. Your defense was flawless.
You did great pressuring his wit space while he tried to pressure yours with spammed runners, which hurt him. He spent too much time early game spawning runners, then late game was forced to spawn heavier units. This allowed you to "backdoor" his sniper. After that, it was GG.
All in all, you reacted well and played just a well. Perhaps a few minor errors, but you definitely played well.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you! All of the comments have been so helpful. I'm noticing a difference in my league games too. I'm really hoping this extra experience will help push me to Masters. Thanks again.

11-04-2013, 03:05 PM
(11-04-2013 03:02 PM)HuskyPete Wrote:  Thank you! All of the comments have been so helpful. I'm noticing a difference in my league games too. I'm really hoping this extra experience will help push me to Masters. Thanks again.

I'd say you play at a masters level already - just takes time getting the games in to get there.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I commented on my game against izzila on Sharkfood Island, hope you guys can give some advice (:

11-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Infinitepure, on turn 9 if he had moved and healed his new heavy on the wit space, and then created a runner instead, I think that have given him a better chance. Id have to see it play out, but it would be close, I think?

11-04-2013, 11:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 11:32 PM by erikpdumont.)
Heartbreakingly close loss to Fraukfued yesterday. Tips welcome!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4IXqiQsM

-DuMonster-

(11-04-2013 11:21 PM)erikpdumont Wrote:  Heartbreakingly close loss to Fraukfued yesterday. Tips welcome!
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4IXqiQsM

-DuMonster-

Oh, and anyone analyzing this, on Turn 20, there is a "stubby-fingers-on-iPhone-moment" where i clearly attacked the wrong guy. Just so no one thinks that clusterf**k was intentional. Smile
11-05-2013, 03:13 AM
That was a really close game!
Turns 9-22 are really messy, there can be a lot of commentary made there that I should have time for tonight.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-05-2013, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 06:23 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
Thank you guys for keeping your games' post active and fairly updated! I will try to be more involved in this topic, as I should have been from the beginning.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-05-2013, 06:31 AM
(11-05-2013 06:23 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Thank you guys for keeping your games' post active and fairly updated! I will try to be more involved in this topic, as I should have been from the beginning.

Is dudedaniel active?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]