Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
11-05-2013, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 03:09 PM by ===HDufus===.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA4MvL1goM
I seem to have trouble defending my right side on this board.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA4Pe75AsM

I also lose on sharkfood island so any tips on this board are welcome too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 10:26 PM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4K3t3QoM
Would need your ad vice on that game please Wink
GG anyway i did bad Wink
11-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Turn 2: always get vision first. You can make your move according to what you see, especially on sweetie plains. You do not want to lose your sniper, it opens up your backdoor to an attack.
Turns 6-10: you moved your 3 hp soldier 3 times over these 3 turns. Not necessary.
Turn 12: you probably could have had enough wits for a scrambler to scramble the soldier and kill the bombshell.
After that, you didn't really make any bad moves considering the situation, but there were no good moves to be made.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-06-2013, 01:16 AM
(11-06-2013 12:17 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Turn 2: always get vision first. You can make your move according to what you see, especially on sweetie plains. You do not want to lose your sniper, it opens up your backdoor to an attack.
Turns 6-10: you moved your 3 hp soldier 3 times over these 3 turns. Not necessary.
Turn 12: you probably could have had enough wits for a scrambler to scramble the soldier and kill the bombshell.
After that, you didn't really make any bad moves considering the situation, but there were no good moves to be made.
Turn 2: always get vision first : agree with you, big mistake
Turns 6-10: you moved your 3 hp soldier 3 times over these 3 turns : I was fearing something, do not remember what :]
Unfortunatly not, 1 wits was missing >.<
According to that, how would have you played this turn ?
11-06-2013, 02:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2013 02:55 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
(11-05-2013 03:01 PM)===HDufus=== Wrote:  http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA4MvL1goM
I seem to have trouble defending my right side on this board.

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CA4Pe75AsM

I also lose on sharkfood island so any tips on this board are welcome too.

Turn 10 was crucial and you could have won it!

Try this move instead:

[Image: hexmap_sharkfoodisland.jpg]

1. Scrambler to I2, Scramble H1 Soldier (1 wit)
2. Hit H2 Soldier with H1 soldier and move I5 soldier to I3 to finish off H2 soldier (2 wits)
3. Move heavy to H2 (1)
4. Hit H3 soldier with heavy (1)
5. Finish off H3 soldier with soldier at I4 (0 wits)

you have 2 wits, you could have buffed the scrambler before moving up, or buff your 3 hp soldier, etc.

The goal when defending with your scrambler is to protect him from counter attack or make it costly for him to take it (which he has to). With the above steps, your scrambler has to be taken out, but it will cost him the game.

http://omc.wappdesign.net/748/

That's basically what the end of turn 10 would have looked like, except of course you're feedback

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
thanks cor. I thought I looked like I should be in OK shape, but I didn't see the right play.
11-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Obsessing over my loss to JasonFox!! I didn't trust my plan, and blew the game on turn 14. Good job man. That was a big match in our division. I would have been in good position!

[Image: sig.png]
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
(11-06-2013 01:16 AM)Sidious Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 12:17 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Turn 2: always get vision first. You can make your move according to what you see, especially on sweetie plains. You do not want to lose your sniper, it opens up your backdoor to an attack.
Turn 2: always get vision first : agree with you, big mistake
Turns 6-10: you moved your 3 hp soldier 3 times over these 3 turns : I was fearing something, do not remember what :]
Unfortunatly not, 1 wits was missing >.<
According to that, how would have you played this turn ?

There was nothing you could have done. I was saying that if you hadn't moved as many times with your soldier, you would have had the wits.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
11-10-2013, 12:59 AM
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkPSk6AsM
I think it all went sour when I lost the scrambler early. Is there any way I could have salvaged it?
11-10-2013, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-10-2013 01:12 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Compare these two choke points:
It is much easier to defend the second one.
[Image: Bs8cshp.jpg]

[Image: k2gMLt4.jpg]

In my opinion, you didn't have to spawn a scrambler. You could have massed more units and then had a scrambler farther back, and you would have been fine. But yes, once lawtai got his mobi out, it was pretty much over. Adorables is very powerful on Thorn Gulley.

2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7