Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
11-05-2013, 06:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 07:03 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
I don't know, I prefer waiting before asking him if he is so.

Infinitepure, next time make sure you do report your games on the main thread and not here, because I won't necesarly see it since it's not the place where I look at to update the brackets. ^^

(10-30-2013 05:47 PM)infinitepure Wrote:  Round 8: Sharkfood Island - Izzila vs infinitepure [WIN]

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkJDh4QgM

Izzila begins with a runner opening but decides not to heal anything on the turn. I start with a standard soldier opening. On turn 6, izzila moves a runner in position to spawn block while I move my units in an offensive position. Izzila spawn blocks the next turn and spawns a scrambler in preparation for my potential upcoming attack. I feel I had two choices here, either clear my spawn or go all in, and I chose the latter cause I figured if he spawned two runners perhaps I would be able to overrun him. I'd like some advice if possible because I'm not sure this was the best move to make (:

Izzila scrambles my heavy in defense, while killing a soldier also and spawning a new one. I felt that I was kinda forced to kill his scrambler, while killing the heavy I felt was also in the best interest of that turn. I moved a soldier next to base and attacked, while moving another soldier on the wit space and another next to base in the hopes that he'd be unable to kill more than 1 soldier and i could finish the game by hitting base, moving out and hitting again. It turns out that worked! Not sure if izzila could have made different moves to defend and I feel my attack may have been risky considering the spawn block but it was still a fun game for me (: Any advice that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

I have absolutely nothing to comment on your play! I see you used my strategy, and I'm glad to see it worked so well. You have made the right decisions, you all ined perfectly.. Indeed, by taking your spawn with a runner, he kinda removed an unit at his defense line, so this turn was the best to make an attack. You had the wits, you had the units, so there was no better solution. As for the moves you did after your intial attack, I wouldn't have done differently any of them. I wouldn't have made the intitial attack another way either Tongue
It was impossible for him to defend. You had too much, and the scrambler was not even enough to balance the unit count. It comes from the fact he gave up a runner on your spawn, and allowed you to kill a heavy, and another runner (usually with this rush you kill two real units and the medic, not three real units, which is what happened here).

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 07:24 AM
I'd like to know what the best way to stop this rush is:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4OvQ5QsM

Thanks Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Infinitepure is a really good player, to be honest, he is sometimes a little hard on himself. Perhaps he is a little less experienced but that does not mean he isn't a bad player. He's done his research, he plays some effective playstyles. To be honest, the first game on SFI against him, I was just a little lucky. The second game on reaper, I just guessed and was able to finish with that quick advantage.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-05-2013, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 07:34 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
I guess you mean "but that does not mean he is a bad player"? Lol!

But yeah I agree with you.

(11-05-2013 07:24 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I'd like to know what the best way to stop this rush is:
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4OvQ5QsM

Thanks Smile

I remember a thread talking about this rush. I don't know if I have been the first or not, I don't think so, but my counter to this is:

Hurt the heavy down to 1 hp
Kill a runner with my pre-given one
And most importantly, create a medic and heal the sniper

Your opponent can't do anything against this answer. You have such a lead that if you don't play too badly you are gonna win Tongue

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

11-05-2013, 07:49 AM
(11-05-2013 07:29 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Hurt the heavy down to 1 hp
Kill a runner with my pre-given one
And most importantly, create a medic and heal the sniper

Thanks Smile

11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
(11-05-2013 07:24 AM).Memories. Wrote:  I'd like to know what the best way to stop this rush is:

Thanks Smile

This is painful to watch, like a nightmare with the room walls closing in on you from all sides...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
11-05-2013, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 08:48 AM by Chas3r 926.)
All my comments are done. Fell free to add or criticize my comments! They are located on page 2 (probably, unless you changed the amount of posts per page)

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
11-05-2013, 08:49 AM
(11-05-2013 08:48 AM)Chas3r Wrote:  All my comments are done. Fell free to add or criticize my comments! They are located on page 2 (probably, unless you changed the amount of posts per page)

Post #13 Smile

11-05-2013, 09:30 AM
I mean, my mobi defense as P2 is generally good. Usually if they aren't mobi rushing you'll see a 4 hp soldier near mid, so when I didn't, I just blind went with a runner.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-05-2013, 01:05 PM
(11-05-2013 06:48 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  Infinitepure, next time make sure you do report your games on the main thread and not here, because I won't necesarly see it since it's not the place where I look at to update the brackets. ^^

(10-30-2013 05:47 PM)infinitepure Wrote:  Round 8: Sharkfood Island - Izzila vs infinitepure [WIN]

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkJDh4QgM

Izzila begins with a runner opening but decides not to heal anything on the turn. I start with a standard soldier opening. On turn 6, izzila moves a runner in position to spawn block while I move my units in an offensive position. Izzila spawn blocks the next turn and spawns a scrambler in preparation for my potential upcoming attack. I feel I had two choices here, either clear my spawn or go all in, and I chose the latter cause I figured if he spawned two runners perhaps I would be able to overrun him. I'd like some advice if possible because I'm not sure this was the best move to make (:

Izzila scrambles my heavy in defense, while killing a soldier also and spawning a new one. I felt that I was kinda forced to kill his scrambler, while killing the heavy I felt was also in the best interest of that turn. I moved a soldier next to base and attacked, while moving another soldier on the wit space and another next to base in the hopes that he'd be unable to kill more than 1 soldier and i could finish the game by hitting base, moving out and hitting again. It turns out that worked! Not sure if izzila could have made different moves to defend and I feel my attack may have been risky considering the spawn block but it was still a fun game for me (: Any advice that you guys can give would be greatly appreciated

I have absolutely nothing to comment on your play! I see you used my strategy, and I'm glad to see it worked so well. You have made the right decisions, you all ined perfectly.. Indeed, by taking your spawn with a runner, he kinda removed an unit at his defense line, so this turn was the best to make an attack. You had the wits, you had the units, so there was no better solution. As for the moves you did after your intial attack, I wouldn't have done differently any of them. I wouldn't have made the intitial attack another way either Tongue
It was impossible for him to defend. You had too much, and the scrambler was not even enough to balance the unit count. It comes from the fact he gave up a runner on your spawn, and allowed you to kill a heavy, and another runner (usually with this rush you kill two real units and the medic, not three real units, which is what happened here).

Woops, sorry, I'll check the main thread and post any games you haven't gotten of mine there and any future games I'll make sure to post there! Thanks for the comments, I figured your strategy was really cool and so I decided to try it out (:

(11-05-2013 07:24 AM)Doodat Wrote:  Infinitepure is a really good player, to be honest, he is sometimes a little hard on himself. Perhaps he is a little less experienced but that does not mean he isn't a bad player. He's done his research, he plays some effective playstyles. To be honest, the first game on SFI against him, I was just a little lucky. The second game on reaper, I just guessed and was able to finish with that quick advantage.

Thanks Doodat! I'll keep trying my best in all my games (: Goodluck to you for your remaining matches too!