Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
10-30-2013, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 09:30 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 - Discussion Thread
Games from before the restart:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoP3H4AsM
classic double mobi hole punch strategy

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoM_L2gsM
Not much to say... Soldiers and mobi overwhelm bramble defense on the side of the map

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4LqjzQsM
Soldier spam beats early mobi

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoM_VywoM
Memories experiments with veggies, allowing me to do a classic rush

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoP_jsAoM

Games from after restart:

Round 1: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4I_5swkM

Round 2: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA6PC44wsM

Round 3: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4Pe75AkM
Soldier rush and mobi snipe finish

Round 4: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoIeh9AsM
8 turn mobi rush

Round 5: Peekaboo / Bye

Round 6: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4I_U7AgM
Pressure on the wit spot side of Xerozen wins the game

Round 7: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4MvL1goM
44 turn battle decided by wit efficiency

Round 8: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4Pe75AsM
Heavy decides the game

Round 9: outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4N_z-wgM

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2013, 04:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 04:42 AM by Sidious.)
Did not get your invit Erik
My game name is sidioud not sidious

First Blood
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoNvuigsM
10-30-2013, 05:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-18-2013 05:56 AM by Chas3r 926.)
I'm not that good at commentaries, but I'll get better

Round 1: Foundry-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4MbL2gsM
It was a regular foundry 1st turn advantage, but I did notice that Flarp made a mistake by moving his medic (which wasn't needed) healed his sniper (which wasn't needed yet, he didn't even move his sniper for a while) then he moved his medic back to where it originally was. Good Game!

Round 2: Reaper-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0MGp7gsM

Round 3: Long Nine-Done outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoK2b8QkM
This game wasn't too interesting at the beginning, but turn 21 I started attacking and on turn 23 I didn't protect my mobi like I should have, then Frankfeud was able to gain a big advantage that I wasn't able to recover to. Well played!

Round 4: Thorn Gulley-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4O2TpgoM
This started with 2 early mobis. On turn 9, DuMonster moved his runner next to the sniper then killed the sniper with his sniper, which then made it so he couldn't kill either runner so on the next turn I was able to kill his mobi. That was a huge thing that I was able to kill the mobi. Then a few back and fourth runner wars happened and on turn 19 DuMonster spawned a mobi with not enough units to defend against my attack the next turn so I was able to get to the base for the win! Good Game!

Round 5: Peekaboo-Bye

Round 6: Sweetie Plains-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4K3t3QoM
I don't have much to say for this game except that it's hard to just defend with nothing suggesting that you might attack. If you had A few soldiers ready to attack I would have been made to defend a little, but since you didn't I fully attacked on the left side. This strategy with the bombshell attacking left side has worked good for me on sweetie plains, and if done correctly with no mistakes can guarentee a win! Good game!

Round 7: Foundry-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4Muh8gkM
Not much to say other than he didn't use first turn advantage on this map as much as he should have and he didn't correctly protect the top wit spot. He quit way to early though!

Round 8: Sharkfood Island-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4K3YmQoM
Okay, on turn 3 I attacked the base so later I can scramble a soldier that would be in front of his base, attack his base then get my soldier in there to finish his base but the plan backfired when he rushed the next turn. This could have been a real quick game if midview attacked my base turn 8. He instead retreated, which is usually never a good idea. Turn 12 when he attacked was a bad decision since I had plenty of wits to spawn a scrambler. Then after that it was basically over already. Good Game!

Round 9: Glitch-Done
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA4K-X8wsM
I noticed on turn 1 you move your medic instead of your sniper, it would've been better if you moved your sniper then moved your sniper again next turn then move your medic next to the spawn and heal the sniper. It would have saved wits and gave you positional lead faster. Turn 6 I did a good move with taking out most of your units and it was pretty much over after that. Good Game!

[Image: sig.png]

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League
10-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Sidious, if you only want to report a game, post it in the other thread, but if you want to ask questions and opinions about the game, also post it here. Smile

I will delete my former posts soon.

Anyway guys, remember that I don't need you to comment your games as it is done for the elite championship, but ask questions when you didn't understand something or need a feedback on your replay. Though, I don't forbid you to comment your games obviously Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

10-30-2013, 06:42 AM
I posted my first game. Any feedback or thoughts on my opinions would be great. Thanks in advance.
10-30-2013, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 07:05 AM by .Memories..)
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAoJ-JpwoM

How would higher ranks play turn 7? Curious if I missed something. Thanks!

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I don't see any better move on turn 7.

10-30-2013, 07:44 AM
I don't see any way to win. Curious he didn't kill your soldier with a heavy turn 6

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-30-2013, 07:46 AM
(10-30-2013 07:44 AM)Doodat Wrote:  I don't see any way to win. Curious he didn't kill your soldier with a heavy turn 6

Not necessarily looking for a winning move, maybe just something better.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-30-2013, 07:47 AM (This post was last modified: 10-30-2013 08:25 AM by [PETA] Doodat.)
Husky Pete:
Turn 16:
Move sniper left/down one hex
Shoot the middle soldier
Runner kill that soldier
Top 4 hp soldier move and kill sniper
Your two soldiers left kill the 3 hp soldier next to your 4 hp soldier

Would have been a better attack

Your heavy movement was not ideal and gave up map position when lawtai attacked.

(10-30-2013 07:46 AM).Memories. Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 07:44 AM)Doodat Wrote:  I don't see any way to win. Curious he didn't kill your soldier with a heavy turn 6

Not necessarily looking for a winning move, maybe just something better.

Your move was good. Reaction, not so good from Wildtalon. I mean, your sniper could have died that turn and you would have been in a much worse position. Perhaps putting your sniper on your wit space would have been better.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38