Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest Game?
10-29-2013, 06:03 AM
RE: Longest Game?
Yes, a draw button would be nice. It's not a real fix, but it's better than nothing.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 06:09 AM
That's a great idea! I bet that people would agree to that.
10-29-2013, 06:16 AM
On the new special abilities in response to CombatEX, what if all specials had some kind of "super special" that could only be activated by merging two or more of the specials you already have on the map? Bombshells: if you merge two of them, you get to "nuke" any 2x2 hex area in your sight range, so long as at least one of the hexes can be seen. Three bombshell merges = 3x3 hexes. All nuked hexes must be contiguous, which means you may cause a lot of damage or nuke a bunch of open space. That could be a game changer. Not sure what super merged Mobis, Brambles, or Scramblers could do...
As a newbie to the forum, I apologize for an obvious question, but do we know that an Outwitters 2 is in the works?
10-29-2013, 06:28 AM
(10-29-2013 06:16 AM)erikpdumont Wrote:  As a newbie to the forum, I apologize for an obvious question, but do we know that an Outwitters 2 is in the works?

We are actually pretty certain it's not in the works. Sad I think it'll depend on the success of Tilt to Live 2.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-29-2013, 06:34 AM
I'm pretty sure Alex and Adam have said that Outwitters 2 is likely to happen since they are likely to make more turn based strategy games, but I think this implies they haven't actually started work on any such game, except possibly for brainstorming and ideas that didn't make the cut for the first Outwitters (leftover team concepts, etc.).

I'm not aware of any place they have stated they don't have any other projects in the works, so they might have something secret going on, but if so, I doubt it's Outwitters 2.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2013, 06:58 AM
What Alex actually said was that they would consider another TBS but that it was a lot of work and they want to have something interesting to bring to the table before they'll making one. This means three things.

1. Another TBS from OML is certainly a possibility
2. OML said nothing about this TBS being a sequel to Outwitters
3. If it is a sequel to Outwitters, there will have to be some big enough change to warrant making it

Point 3 is what worries me the most. I'm not interested in Outwitters with a major overhaul. I hope that the base game remains intact with only minor changes (like to the Heavy, for example). The major changes I would like to see are all outside of the 1v1 gameplay that enhance the experience. This topic has been done to death so I won't go into details but things like reworked points system, option for custom game modes (like the ones forum members have made up), map editor, etc.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-29-2013, 08:27 AM
(10-29-2013 04:44 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  Our game was only Tongue at 350+ turns. I think TerenceShiu and Poweewe had a game that went to 600+.

I think that was me and terence thank you very much Tongue
10-29-2013, 08:49 AM
Ah! Sorry, Awpertunity.

How long did it take to load up that game, lol.

My client would sometimes crash loading our 350 turn game. I can't imagine a 600 turn game.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-29-2013, 09:07 AM
My phone still handled it fine. If I remember correctly though it would crash like 4-5 times on Terence's iPad before it would finally load so we had to cancel haha.
10-29-2013, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 10:13 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
Probably his connection was worse. I found that it would crash a lot, but my wifi is kinda weak, so I figure it was timing out.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4