Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longest Game?
10-29-2013, 04:34 AM
Longest Game?
Hey - just wondering what the longest game folks have played is? I just joined the forum, but a few months ago, bengajenga and I played a game that went 196 turns on Peekaboo, both as Scalawags. Since that time, he and I have played several other matches of some length (most recent one went 90 turns), but nothing that compared to that first one. Not sure if 196 is a record, but it sure blows anything else I've played out of the water. We went over 100 turns before even one of our bases got hit.

Is there an Outwitter Book of Records for these kind of things? Not sure what kind of categories would be in it (most wits burned in a single round?), but might be interesting.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-29-2013, 04:39 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 04:41 AM by jesusfuentesh.)
RE: Longest Game?
I am not sure. But I've heard a case where two players (Cor13:4 and His_Daddy) playing both as Scallywags, played a match that didn't finished because it became annoying, since it was turn 600+. Actually they asked the main moderator to cancel the match and he did.

My longest match has been a 2v2 on Acrospire. It took around 350 turns

Don't neglect your fellowship with God, family and study by playing video games. Be organized with your time

GC name: jesusfuentesh
Super-Titan 1v1; 2v2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2013, 04:42 AM
Actually it was about 360, that 600+ is from someone else, cor knows more details.
10-29-2013, 04:44 AM
Our game was only Tongue at 350+ turns. I think TerenceShiu and Poweewe had a game that went to 600+.

We did petition Alex to end the game for us, because it was literally a stalemate. There was pretty much no chance for either side to win.

These long games tend to happen for certain maps with SvS....it's unfortunate.

When games are cancelled, you can't get the replay though, so you won't find the extreme games on OSN.

But if you go to:

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/lists/recent

and "show turns" and sort by turns, you can watch the longest ones that actually finished...if you want to

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-29-2013, 05:14 AM
The longest games I have played have been around 60 or 70 turns. I don't think I've ever gone up into the 80s or above.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2013, 05:19 AM
I have a SvsS on peekaboo right now that is nearing 130 turns. Also the person has slowed down to playing once every 3 or 4 days. The game might never end. I keep praying he will end up timing out lol.
10-29-2013, 05:22 AM
The longest games are almost always on peekaboo! I remember my longest was 143 turns, on this map aswell. Smile

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-29-2013, 05:25 AM
I think Sweet Tooth SvS is also endless. It might not seem so, but if you try it out, I think you'll find that there is no way to break through the BSes you can set up.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-29-2013, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 10-29-2013 06:04 AM by CombatEX.)
SvS definitely has it's problems and it's not just Peakaboo and Sweetie Plains. Of course, stalemates most commonly occur for me on Peakaboo. Usually my opponents end up forfeiting, not because I'm going to win, but because I have a better position and the game is never going to end normally. I also had a game with GreatGonzales on Long Nine (for the 1st World Cup quarter finals if I recall correctly) that got up to turn 106. It was a tiebreaker game, but since I ended up winning the other 2/3 and moved on to the semi-finals I just ended up forfeiting that one as it no longer mattered. I just couldn't see a way to break GG's defense even though I had a superior position for half the game. He had 3 defensive bombshells and I had 4 offensive ones. I was 1 hex from splashing his base for around 50 turns, had an advantageous position and more bombshells, and yet I couldn't find a cost efficient opening to make any more ground.

EDIT: actually removed the second part of my post as I realized that this fix might just change the type of stalemate rather than fix the issue. I need to give it some more thought first.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-29-2013, 06:01 AM
I also hope they implement a "draw" button. Where if both players accept it, then you can just cancel a game (and still get a replay).