Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament [Winner: sky1988611]
10-28-2013, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 11:52 PM by Kamikaze28.)
RE: Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament
(10-27-2013 08:00 PM)Gf!sh Wrote:  May I just say something? I feel like using index scores would be better in this case, since we only have two disciplines. First placed in a discipline would recieve 100 points, anyone beyond that would recieve a percentage of that as a fraction of their score in relationship to the first placed's):

Say, Yummy Noodles got 5,000,000 points in Code Red, and scores first place in this discipline. He will recieve 100 tourney points (TP). Mag!cGuy, with his score of 4,666,669 points, will recieve (4,666,669/5,000,000)*100 = 93 TP.

If you're going to stick to the original format, it would still be nice to keep this as a tiebreaker, since, you know, it's still better than no tiebreaker. Tongue

This is something I also thought about - the problem I see with it is that pen and paper is required to get from your personal scores to your overall ranking. Also, the explanation is more complicated than the current system.
I do however see the advantage concerning ties - the higher the number of points per discipline, the lower the chance for ties. Say 500 points per discipline and you'd have 1000 possible point-values in the overall ranking thus reducing the chance of having two or more contestants with the same score.
One somewhat irritating possibility I see with this system is that a new highscore could lead to people with existing scores switching ranks in the overall score due to rounding errors. This might be circumstantial but it's a WTF-situation nonetheless.

To be clear here - I do welcome a constructive discussion about the scoring system and I'm still open to changing it. However, once Tilt to Live 2 is released and this tournament is started, there will only be minor tweaks but no complete overhaul happening.

Regarding the beta scores: they are on the Game Center sandbox and once the game is live these scores should remain on the sandbox and everyone should start with a clean slate. I would then ask any beta tester who wants to participate in this tournament to delete the beta prior to installing the live version, thereby resetting progress and wiping saved highscores which might be submitted to the live Game Center.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tilt to Live 2 Early Bird Tournament - Kamikaze28 - 10-28-2013 11:49 PM