Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat]
03-11-2014, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2014 07:08 AM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat]
You did not understand.

The Elite championship is only a round robin tournament. I didn't oblige people to start all their games at once, which is normal, but I had not set any limit to this either. When it happened that people still didn't start some of their games many times after the beginning after the tourney, there was actually no deadline, so nothing was actually telling these players were wrong. Deadline in such round robins are absolutely necessary, to set a limit, to make sure everything goes well, because with 15 players and 10 times more matches it's hard to make sure everything will start in time.

Here, I will repeat it over and over again, I had no reason to set up a deadline, because it is a finale. What a finale implies is that the two players are active, aren't just passing by as some players you will meet in the first stage. A finale implies that if you can't play, you tell it. It's as simple as that. The tournament is waiting for this finale, these are the most important matches of the tournament, so if you have something preventing you from playing, you warn someone.
Furthermore, I read that 23swarm was about to send his games. Fine! How do you want me to imagine that he would actually time out. No tournament ever set a deadline for a finale.

edit: 10 days? So, it's conrfirming what I thought, he is inactive. Even if I had set a deadline, and a kind one, 23swarm would have been disqualified. Sorry mate, but there is clearly no reason to change my decision. I have to agree it's a very bad ending, but as I said, it's not up to me.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [Winner: Doodat] - Mag!cGuy - 03-11-2014 07:06 AM