Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1. [Winner: Doodat]
11-02-2013, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 08:46 PM by Mag!cGuy.)
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!]
I'm sorry again I mistyped his name in two different ways ^^' His gc id is:
Canyon357. So, you met the right player. Smile

I know you weren't complaining!

I know how you feel, as for losing way more than winning, and I know how discouraging it is to feel you don't deserve to be where you are. I have been stuck in clever and then in gifted for such a long time! My way to stop such a series was to think like this:

- Let's restart all of this in my mind: I have 0 wins 0 losses, my hidden rating skill is reseted, and now I DO want to prove myself I am a gifted.
- I lose a lot, so I have a lot of things to improve. From now, I will spend more time to think my turns. But that's not enough: I will invite some top players to play with me, and hope to learn from it, and if I feel they won't be annoyed by it, ask feedbacks/advices. I will go on Outwitters Sports Network, and watch super titan's replays to see what are the standard strategies on each map, and understand why they work/how they got countered/etc.
I will also rewatch each game I have won/lost and understand what happened, what I did well and what I did wrong.
-Aaaand I will be optimistic. Thinking you have chances to win always helps to win a bit more than when you start with the idea you can't do anything else than losing. Here, two players, chas3r and sidioud, thought you gave up way too early, and I agree! If you come in a tournament, you have to fight as much as possible to get the win, don't give free wins due to your lack of confidence in your level. ^.^

Oh and points have no meaning. Indeed, the more you play, the more you have points, there is no direct relation point/skill. So the first of your division is not necessarly one of the best gifted!

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Soon To Be Elite Tournament - Season 1 [STARTED!] - Mag!cGuy - 11-02-2013 08:30 PM