Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN]
11-28-2013, 08:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 08:11 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED]
To each their own I suppose. I care deeply about the success of tournaments I host, so I am loath to let anyone be DQ'd due to unfortunate circumstances. Ultimately we should want games to be played, competition to occur, because this increases the value and relevance of the ultimate tournament result. This is the the role of the tournament organizer, in my view. You're certainly right that there is also a responsibility on the part of the participant to try to stay informed, but I don't think it's a fair expectation for participants to be concerned about being DQ'd simply because they do not frequent the forum. White dr4gon is a good example of this, does he ever come here?

Also, it's not fair to say that people who haven't started their games yet must have therefore "forgot", since they are being compliant with the tournament rules as they were originally. Anything regarding DQ is way more important than a map change or something.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED] - GreatGonzales - 11-28-2013 08:08 AM