Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Elite Championship - Season 2 [WINNER: PHARMAFAN]
10-23-2013, 06:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 06:29 AM by [PETA] Cor13:4.)
RE: The Elite Championship - Season 2 [STARTED]
I think for me it's tougher, since I consider myself weak with anybody but Scallywags, and I'm ok with Feedback.

So it's tough for me to choose which maps to choose my stronger teams on.

Also, I'm trying to consider what other people would choose and that somewhat affects what you want to counter with...but perhaps that's a futile exercise, since it's so up in the air!

His_Daddy is probably in the same boat, but in any case, it's "tough" in a fun way.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2013, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 06:43 AM by CombatEX.)
Yea I would consider what my opponents are going to play in some cases but it's hard as you say because your opponent also has to spread out their team use.

Feedback is probably my weakest so that's why I would only use it once or twice. Scallywags is my strongest in general, but Adorables are so good on certain maps that I'm actually better with Adorables on those ones. Veggies... well, I think I have a solid strat on a couple of the maps so hopefully that would work out.

Basically, I think if you are forced to play every game with the same team it would be much harder. For example, taking my two best teams (A and S), I would struggle in SvA on some maps and AvS on others. However, since you can choose which team to use on which map it actually would make things easier here =)

That's what I really like about this tournament though. No risk of getting stuck VvS on Peakaboo or something like that. Part of the reason I don't play much ladder these days and prefer friendlies instead (or tournaments).

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-23-2013, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 06:46 AM by Pharmafan.)
(10-23-2013 06:29 AM)Cor13:4 Wrote:  I think for me it's tougher, since I consider myself weak with anybody but Scallywags, and I'm ok with Feedback.

So it's tough for me to choose which maps to choose my stronger teams on.

Also, I'm trying to consider what other people would choose and that somewhat affects what you want to counter with...but perhaps that's a futile exercise, since it's so up in the air!

His_Daddy is probably in the same boat, but in any case, it's "tough" in a fun way.

I feel like being in the boat too.....it all seems so random.....and it`s really funny in the boat Tongue
10-23-2013, 06:46 AM
It's more random if you only play one team on ladder. If you play more than one team on ladder though this is actually less random because at least you can pick which maps you play on for which teams.

10-23-2013, 07:24 AM
I'm happy to see you guys strugglinf. Was the aim of the rule. Big Grin

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-23-2013, 07:43 AM
(10-23-2013 07:24 AM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  I'm happy to see you guys strugglinf. Was the aim of the rule. Big Grin

Very nice idea and very nice rule! A totally new challenge!
10-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Szei/CombatEX, it sounds like you are in this tournament. Are you going by yet another name?
10-23-2013, 08:44 AM
I think he's just theorycrafting and not actually participating in this one.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
10-23-2013, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 02:53 PM by CombatEX.)
(10-23-2013 08:00 AM)Thrutchy Wrote:  Szei/CombatEX, it sounds like you are in this tournament. Are you going by yet another name?

Yea I'm going by "Thrutchy", one of my old aliases that I've long kept secret from you guys.

Jokes aside, yes I'm just theorycrafting what I would do in this tournament as Cor said. Maybe I'll be in it next time. Meanwhile it's still fun considering which teams I like most on which maps and whether I would be stuck with any undesirable team choices under the tournament rules.

Edit: Apparently my alias according to Mag!cGuy in the main post is "Trutchy"

10-23-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 07:44 PM by Gf!sh.)
What if (s)he was going as jesusfuentesh? Tongue