Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobi Power + Wits = Something Else
10-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Mobi Power + Wits = Something Else
Gifted League I'm feeling unfair. Gifted League

Poor Mobi. Like real units in war, there are limits to them. Like the Bramble, it's one wit for a thorn. For the Mobi, there must be something like, a limit to its transport ability. It's too advantageous. Its transport ability, like Adam says, can pack an arsenal of deadly snipers. These wits should limit its ability to move certain units, like moving a runner costs one wit, and moving a sniper costs three. Or moving a special costs seven (aside from this, could be too expensive).

Either that first option, or a limit that can be decided with its attack range, like the sniper and Bombshell. Face it, those units are too strong, and its movement capability is what gives it its negative perk.

Yup, ideas are out there.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2013, 01:54 PM
RE: Mobi Power + Wits = Something Else
Each 'action' in the game (moving, attacking, etc) costs one wit. Keeps it simple and fair.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I don't think that is a very good option. I feel like this has come up before, and it doesn't really make sense. Yes it would be a proper penalty for the mobi, but the only thing this would accomplish is push everyone back to Scallies, and I feel like there was a worse problem with everyone using scallywags. Everyone always just turtled. (I will note there was a few exceptions with the high-level players that can use it effectively without turtling.)

Yes, the Mobi is powerful unit, and it can seem unfair. But there are very good ways to combat it with all the other teams. Granted, it isn't easy. But it can be done. I mean, like STs are creating alternate accounts getting to the top 200 with teams other than Adorables.

GC: TheGreatAnt
10-13-2013, 02:54 PM
Mobi is the strongest super, but he's (she's?) also harder to use than, say, the bombshell. Perfect balance is impossible; if say we are close enough.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
10-13-2013, 04:36 PM
regardless of the point about adorable itself, I do feel mobi+bs is a bit imba in 2v2 though, at least it seems to be strong than other combos. I could be wrong.
10-13-2013, 04:39 PM
That's true, it's kinda imba when used well, another stuff imba in 2v2 is bramble, especially on acrospire: you CAN'T win against it.

You can ask a...
[Image: 6BmXQqC.jpg]
(drawing by Chemoeum)

[Image: sig.png]
10-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Outwitters is balanced enough that we don't need to change the specials. Only on certain maps is balance really an issue. Overall OML did a great job.

On a side note, I would like to see a supply limit though like in RTS games to limit heavy turtling (especially bombshell turtles on Peakaboo). I was thinking a 50 supply limit could work where each unit's supply is equal to its wit cost. I know this won't happen and I'm not sure it's a good idea but I would like to try it. I looked at a lot of games and this wouldn't have an impact on most of them (soldiers are only 2 supply so you can still make a lot of them). A supply cap of 50 would only really matter when someone tries to spawn a 3rd or 4th special and already has a lot of units.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
10-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Cool ideas. I guess this Mobi + Wit thing is kind of weird.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!