Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outwitters desktop client
10-15-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Outwitters desktop client
It's not Microsoft that is preventing this from happening. Windows is not a very restrictive OS. iTunes is available for Windows, by the way.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2013, 02:54 AM
I don't think it's just a problem of downloading the app. I believe the apps are compiled for the processors that Apple uses (ARM I think).

Even if you downloaded it to your Windows PC, you would have to run an emulator to run the actual application, since the application is not compiled for x86.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4
Find all posts by this user
10-15-2013, 03:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 03:04 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
Yes, you are correct. However, I was presuming that the OP meant that he wanted an official Windows port, in which case the application would be compiled for x86. OML is unlikely to do this, of course. I was just pointing out that Microsoft probably wouldn't stand in the way of Game Center being available on Windows. They don't have a history of preventing this kind of thing. And why would they? If people could play Outwitters (and other GameCenter games) on Windows, then a chunk of the target audience wouldn't buy iOS devices to play them. They'd just use their PCs.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2013, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 03:12 AM by His_Daddy.)
I guess an issue would occur on other platforms: cheating, which would cost a lot to deal with. Currently the cheats we've found so far are just changing the wit points, which can be spotted later and manually banned, since most likely it only happened on jail break apple devices, which is a small portion. Imaging if there is huge amount of cheaters or if there is a "blacksheepwall".

(10-15-2013 03:03 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  If people could play Outwitters (and other GameCenter games) on Windows, then a chunk of the target audience wouldn't buy iOS devices to play them. They'd just use their PCs.
Take me for example. Couple of months ago when my old iphone broke, I didn't hesitate at all to buy a new iphone the next morning even though sumsung galaxy looks so appealing, just because of outwitters.
11-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Hey guys! What about a PHP client. If I could 'code' id do what Hari dod for the Map editor, and crack the game assests(sprites, graphics) to use on his website. Itd be easy and interactive, im guessing. Just not so Aesthetically appealing. If there was enough demand I'd say;
1)Community could create a PHP or flash
2) Adam and Alex could wip up a flash version quick.

Flash wouldn't be difficult, but a PHP/SVG would be very difficult IMO.

If its web they could probs connect to server, or forums. If that didnt work, someone could host it. I would if i had the skill

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
11-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Hero Academy was ported to Steam and it seemed to bring in a massive amount of new players so I don't see why Outwitters can't do the same. Hopefully it won't come with a new TF2 team..... *barf*
11-04-2013, 04:48 AM
Steam

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.