Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
10-26-2013, 12:07 AM
RE: How long before "inactive" games are "lost"
(10-25-2013 11:34 PM)Fnordu Wrote:  
(10-25-2013 09:51 PM)Mag!cGuy Wrote:  This is a turn based game. Period. A lot of people who play this game have busy lives, or just take their time to play, and they have the right to. If you don't accept this, go play a RTS, but don't come here to complain about what is the core of outwitters as if it was an obvious problem. If it was one, it would have been fixed for a long time now, because everyone would have complained.

I understand it's a turned based game. There are also multiple versions of this game too I.E. League, friendly and pass to play. You're telling me you don't have a couple minutes within a 48hour period to make your next move? That's the world making 2 full revolutions. I'm only asking for a time constraint on league games. The rest can take as long as they want. I don't think that's unreasonable. I have played many turn based games and they have never had this long of a waiting period in between turns. I like the game and I think this would be a good way to improve upon it. There have been many games where I check the status of current games and my opponent is more often than not ranked. And when it's been 3+ days that tells me they are not very serious about playing. Maybe they lost interest. So I suffer by giving up to try and find someone else who wants to? That doesn't seem right.

Like Mag!c, I would have to agree. Fluffy/Clever people tend to have less dedication to the game and will take longer (or not play).

Gifted players take, on average, the fastest. Master is a close second.

Once you get to high master, you start to have these longer turns. ST games would last up to 4 days per turn. The top ST players have these long turn times on a regular basis, from what I hear.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2013, 02:43 AM
I will be upgrading to 20 games then. Thanks for the info. Hope to be moving up the ranks soon!
10-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Games slow down at high masters and ST, but I wouldn't say they're at 4 days. Most STs still will play 1 turn a day, or 1 turn every 2 days.

This might seem obvious, but if you want to play more turns, I would suggest starting your new games only at the time of day you typically have a chunk of free time. Other people will typically join your game who also have the same chunk of free time (timezone, etc.) and will be more likely to take multiple turns with you during that period of time each day.

For instance, if you typically play from 8:30-9:00 PM, but sometimes take a turn in the morning (before work, but then only 1 turn), don't start new games in the morning. Start it at 8:30.

"Love is patient, love is kind....It does not dishonor others, is not self-seeking, is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1st Corinthians 13:4