Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Feature-worthy Replays [you're welcome Alex]
06-12-2014, 10:22 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 11:21 AM by Chemoeum.)
RE: Feature-worthy Replays [you're welcome Alex]
(06-12-2014 08:40 AM)The Big Jalacktus Wrote:  Idk if this is a "feature worthy" game; I'm sure there were some errors on Both teams, but I think this was a good game.
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAssHwtwsM

Don't worry. Feature-worthy just means "fun to watch." Just a match that you think would have everyone on the edge of their seats.

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 11:16 AM
No I mean in the WD

Once a Wolfpack, always a Wolfpack
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2014, 11:18 AM
(06-12-2014 11:16 AM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  No I mean in the WD

He was responding to The Big Jalacktus' comment.

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.”
- Martin Golding
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
(06-12-2014 11:18 AM)*NullPointer Wrote:  
(06-12-2014 11:16 AM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  No I mean in the WD

He was responding to The Big Jalacktus' comment.

Yup. Ninja'd. I probably should edit that post with his quote in it.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
06-12-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't get it. What's ninja-ing?

06-12-2014, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2014 02:55 PM by Chemoeum.)
(06-12-2014 02:48 PM)LegacyofEight Wrote:  I don't get it. What's ninja-ing?

Ninja-ing is the concept in which you post before another person, while their page is still not updated with your post.

In other words, you post while they are still writing theirs, or their page has not updated.

So in that other case, you posted while my page wasn't updated. Then when I finally post it, I see yours in front of mine.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
06-12-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh thanks

06-15-2014, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2014 01:53 PM by GendryStorm.)
I find this foundry replay quite instructive:

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAyvbVlAgM

1. Both players conduct standard runner exchanges in moves 1-6 for vision.
2. Secret wins the race for sniper centralization. He then grabs more space in the center using well placed shark(behind center barrel) and soldiers.
3. Uyduruk knows that his mobility and vision is limited, and must play a cramped defense to avoid being steamrolled. Because of secret's centralized sniper, uyduruk foregoes occupying his central wit with a boosted soldier, instead, he maneuvers boosted melees beside the wit space. He saves wits and prepares to spawn a bombshell on move 10.
4. On move 11, secret sneakily prepares an invasion plan on uyduruk's flank wit space. While this is a standard attack motif in foundry, perfect timing and execution is crucial. Secret recognized that uyduruk is pre-occupied with defending his center, thus the former probed for another weakness and deemed it's time for invading his opponent's farside wit.
5. Uyduruk spawns a bombshell and stabilizes his central defense on move 12. . . But it is too late, as secret starts hostilities on the top side where uyduruk is weakest. Invasion of the latter's flank wit space is inevitable.
6. After a few turns secret builds up a significant wit advantage and smashes through uyduruk's center.
07-19-2014, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2014 10:47 PM by Torbreck.)
Just caught this replay on OSN - that call to go double mobi on turn 8 was awesome

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CAuoLd4QsM

Super-Titan Top 200: #5
GCID: ===Torbreck===
King of the Hill
07-20-2014, 03:13 AM
(07-19-2014 07:20 PM)Torbreck Wrote:  Just caught this replay on OSN - that call to go double mobi on turn 8 was

http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...CAuoLd4QsM

New op mobi rush?

The last mobi rush on reaper wasn't rly op, and if fact is easily counterable but this one... the moment u defend one side u lose the other. Its either base or wit spot. If u try to defend both your going to lose both b/c of wit advantage that comes from teleporting as oppose to moving.

somewhere in top 50