Poll: Is the 2v2 hidden ranking system good as is?
Yeah boiy!
Change it, change it! CHANGE IT!!!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2v2 Hidden rankings...
10-08-2013, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2013 04:33 AM by PhilAvery.)
2v2 Hidden rankings...
My current list of 2v2 random matches are really bad matches.

Some of them I'm paired with partners of a similar, but undeserved rank where they've won their early matches and jumped up the ranks without the experience or true skill.
The other matches timed out, so it's me (high in master league) paired with an unranked verses 2 master leaguers.
I'm loosing match after match without doing anything wrong. Last week I was very comfortably high/near the top of master league, but I feel like I'm going to end the week in gifted at this rate.

P.s just so people aren't confused, when I say 'high/near the top of master league' I mean I've been between 20-28 in the 2v2 Random top 200 for a while now, not just high points in my league points.

It brings up 2 questions:

1) Do people agree with me that it should require a higher number of minimum wins in your current league before your hidden rank increases higher, so you have the experience before moving up? And...

2) Do people think the hidden ranking should take into account your team's AVERAGE rank compared the the opponents AVERAGE rank when deciding how much a win or loss is going to affect you? That way when you get a list of unranked timeouts the inevitable losses won't hurt your rank too much. At the moment the ranking considers an unranked partner to be as useful as an ST partner...

Super-Titan 2v2 Random
Fluffy League True skill level
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply