Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Let's have some fun! Tournament
11-29-2013, 06:28 AM
RE: Let's have some fun! Tournament [Sign-ups now closed!]
Division B/ round 1
outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICA0MKRzwgM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-29-2013, 09:27 AM
(11-28-2013 10:19 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 08:10 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 12:59 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 12:09 AM)lawtai Wrote:  
(11-25-2013 02:36 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  It says you can't heal with a unit you don't choose. Neither off you chose medic, so you can't heal units. Redo.

Twinkleigh didn't use his medic though.

oops...
yeah nvm

Just so everyone has a fundamental understanding of things, I began using my medic on turn #1 as it was not strictly prohibited in the rules as rewritten by Twinkleigh in his own words when he started the match. Personally I felt a restart was much more appropriate and I did post the question on the forum, but I recieved no response and believed a forfeit was the honorable thing to do. Twinkleigh did continue to take his turns after pointing out that I had boosted and taking me up on my offer to forfeit, which, honestly, I thought was very odd and somewhat unsportsmanlike.

Oh just realized this but since the rule infractions occurred on turns 2 and 4 and twinkleigh didn't have an advantage at that point, I am going to require a restart here.

(11-22-2013 09:24 AM)~ pidge ~ Wrote:  I'm not sure who wins this one, because it looks like we both messed up on spawning order for the Shark Frenzy round.
Division B.

Can't remember if this was a redo, either, haha.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkO3QrgsM

yeah, just restart it.

Here is my side of the story. If Bob still wants me to restart, I will.

This is how I worded the rules: "Two units only. All others are void. I choose soldier and runner."

NDRDOG responded with: "I choose the same."

A few turns later, i realized that something was off. His heavy was a few spaces too far, and the soldiers had some extra health. It was about turn 4.

I talked to my dad, galakz, and asked him how I should handle it. He told me to stop moving and remind NDRDOG that the rules limit only two units. So, I did and then finished my turn. On the next turn, NDRDOG forfeit.

After watching the replay, I saw that he started to use stuff on his first turn.

I don't think I should have to restart, but I will leave it up to Bob now that I've told my side.

Twinkleigh
11-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Can I get clarification on round 8? Does maximum one spawn per unit mean I can only have one unit of each type on the field or that I can only spawn one of each type of unit for the game? I quit the round when I saw my opponents second runner on the field because it really screwed up my strategy and don't want same problem in next round 8.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2ib2gbn.jpg]

Gifted League #20
11-29-2013, 11:10 AM
(11-29-2013 10:58 AM)Oppy Wrote:  Can I get clarification on round 8? Does maximum one spawn per unit mean I can only have one unit of each type on the field or that I can only spawn one of each type of unit for the game? I quit the round when I saw my opponents second runner on the field because it really screwed up my strategy and don't want same problem in next round 8.

You mean round 10? you are allowed to spawn each unit only one time. even if you already start with one. so they started with a runner they could spawn a second whenever they want, but that's it.
11-29-2013, 12:10 PM
(11-29-2013 09:27 AM)Twinkleigh Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 10:19 AM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 08:10 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(11-27-2013 12:59 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 12:09 AM)lawtai Wrote:  Twinkleigh didn't use his medic though.

oops...
yeah nvm

Just so everyone has a fundamental understanding of things, I began using my medic on turn #1 as it was not strictly prohibited in the rules as rewritten by Twinkleigh in his own words when he started the match. Personally I felt a restart was much more appropriate and I did post the question on the forum, but I recieved no response and believed a forfeit was the honorable thing to do. Twinkleigh did continue to take his turns after pointing out that I had boosted and taking me up on my offer to forfeit, which, honestly, I thought was very odd and somewhat unsportsmanlike.

Oh just realized this but since the rule infractions occurred on turns 2 and 4 and twinkleigh didn't have an advantage at that point, I am going to require a restart here.

(11-22-2013 09:24 AM)~ pidge ~ Wrote:  I'm not sure who wins this one, because it looks like we both messed up on spawning order for the Shark Frenzy round.
Division B.

Can't remember if this was a redo, either, haha.

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAkO3QrgsM

yeah, just restart it.

Here is my side of the story. If Bob still wants me to restart, I will.

This is how I worded the rules: "Two units only. All others are void. I choose soldier and runner."

NDRDOG responded with: "I choose the same."

A few turns later, i realized that something was off. His heavy was a few spaces too far, and the soldiers had some extra health. It was about turn 4.

I talked to my dad, galakz, and asked him how I should handle it. He told me to stop moving and remind NDRDOG that the rules limit only two units. So, I did and then finished my turn. On the next turn, NDRDOG forfeit.

After watching the replay, I saw that he started to use stuff on his first turn.

I don't think I should have to restart, but I will leave it up to Bob now that I've told my side.

Twinkleigh

I couldn't care less but this is not a fair representation of the facts. Personally, I don't want a restart and Twinkleigh can have the win. Maybe his father can take the time to teach him some sportsmanship.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Lol what? They were confused and decided to do nothing. If you read the rules in the first place it would have been better. The idea is that YOU, Player 2, reads the rules to make sure that you know what's going on. His father made the right decision.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-29-2013, 12:27 PM
I like that father/son (or daughter) play this game Smile

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
11-29-2013, 01:43 PM
(11-29-2013 12:19 PM)[PETA] Doodat Wrote:  Lol what? They were confused and decided to do nothing. If you read the rules in the first place it would have been better. The idea is that YOU, Player 2, reads the rules to make sure that you know what's going on. His father made the right decision.

Therein lies the fundamental problem. "Dad" said "don't move" - he than moved. He states that AFTER he moves I , PLAYER 2, forfeit, this is not the case. I.E. my statement about this not being factual. Every story has two sides, if you don't have knowledge of both, speak of neither.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
11-29-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't understand. If he wishes to end the game, it doesn't matter how he does it. It doesn't matter whether or not twinkleigh moves during the turn he informs you about the problem. It just matters that he informs you. He does not have to tell you he's going to take the win if he posts it on here. That's assumed. The fundamental problem is that you still didn't access the rules the second you saw his message about the game type. Even if he didn't say the round number, you should know which round you're playing. If you don't, either find out by making your own spreadsheet to keep track of your matches or ask him and ask for a restart. These are both respectable options.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
11-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Round 9 Division A

outwitters://viewgame?id=ahRzfm91dHdpdHRlcnNnYW1lLWhyZHIVCxIIR2FtZVJvb20YgICAyPDhzwgM