Poll: Remove 2v2 random from free to play version
Yes, make 2v2 better.
No (= I do not care about 2v2)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove 2v2 league from free version
11-12-2013, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2013 06:56 PM by CombatEX.)
RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version
As a long time top 10 2v2 Arranged player I obviously care about 2v2, yet I voted no. Perhaps free players should have to unlock 2v2 by finishing 5 1v1 games, but I don't think locking players out of 2v2 entirely is the way to go. Some people don't enjoy 1v1 games and/or have anxiety when all the burden is placed on them (as it is in 1v1). As a result, these people would primarily be interested in trying out 2v2. If 2v2 is completely inaccessible these potential customers can be turned away.

A lesser reason why I voted no is that I'm not sure this is much of a problem. Surely once you have been placed you don't encounter as many inactive players. I know that in all my time playing 2v2 arranged I never encountered new players who just stopped playing after I was placed (this is in Master and Super Titan, perhaps in Gifted and under you still play new players?).

I do agree with what you said about arranged vs random. If you have a friend who enjoys team games and you want to introduce them to Outwitters through 2v2, you wouldn't be able to do this if 2v2 arranged is locked for free players. So I concur that 2v2 arranged should always be available even to free players. Players who sought out a partner to play arranged, even as a free player, are far less likely to simply abandon the game.

Possible Compromise?
Perhaps new accounts can have a period where they are branded a "new account". These accounts will have a 1 day turn limit until they have met some threshold to no longer be considered new (perhaps something like 20 turns played to remove the "new" status from your profile). This way you don't have people starting a game and then never playing Outwitters again yet still clogging up a slot for 4 days. At most these people will take up 1 day for their game to expire.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove 2v2 league from free version - CombatEX - 11-12-2013 06:44 PM