Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will community be able to contribute more?
07-12-2012, 12:53 PM
RE: Will community be able to contribute more?
I think if you made a runner you could directly attack the enemy base. It's a 5 tile walk from base to spawn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 01:05 PM by Kyoril.)
(07-12-2012 12:53 PM)Fluffysox Wrote:  I think if you made a runner you could directly attack the enemy base. It's a 5 tile walk from base to spawn.

Really? Damn... I forgot to count...

Time to make it bigger! Tongue

EDIT: Bigger didn't really work so I modified your idea a bit;
[Image: map-Vortexv4.png]
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
@Kyoril: Central Wit Spaces, like the one on your map, have been tested and found to be a really bad idea. The game primarily changes into a 'king of the hill'-type thing to see who can control this Wit Space the longest - whoever holds this advantage long enough can easily overpower his/her opponent.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Good job kyoril! But I have discovered a strategy that may or may not be over powered already. Build runner at spawn closest to base and send it as far is it can go. Make a sniper on other spawn and if anything tries to kill your runner, it will be in range if sniper shooting. This can be countered by using 5 wits to make, move and shoot the harassing sniper over the ditch. If you choose to kill the harasser, your sniper will get picked off next turn by a base-spawn runner. Extremely cost effective harassing method.
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 07:18 PM by Harti.)
- NEVER use contested (i.e. central) wit spaces
- NEVER use unequal amounts of wit spaces

Because if you're complaining about FTA while proposing that, you're basically in contradictory with yourself. Tongue

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-12-2012, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2012 10:40 PM by Kyoril.)
I'm gonna go get rid of that center one then.

Better?
[Image: map-Vortexv5.png]