Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTL2, iPhone 4 ?
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
TTL2, iPhone 4 ?
Hello !

Please excuse my english, i'm french and not good in this langage. And i don't want to use Google translation haha..

So i have a question about the sequel of the BGE of the universe :

Will it works on iPhone 4 ??
I saw the beta is for 4s and up, and i almost died when i read this...

I'm not enought rich to update my phone (and i don't want to, my iPhone 4 still works perfectly)...

Big thanks for your games guys, you rocks.
And thanks for the answer too :-)

Cordialement,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-14-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: TTL2, iPhone 4 ?
Ouais merci pour la réponse c'est cool.
Gentil, tout ça, sympa quoi.
C'est parce que je suis français ? Je pue la merde ou quoi ?
Bref, je m'en branle je verrais bien à la sortie du jeu.
Pourtant c'était pas dur comme question, est-ce qu'il marchera sur iPhone 4...
Déçu.
10-15-2013, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2013 01:20 AM by Harti.)
As of yet, there is no official statement by OML about iPhone 4 support.
Lately they fixed some memory-related crash issues for the iPhone 4s. This can basically mean two things:
a) the game is way too heavy in terms of memory usage for the iPhone 4 (because it already made problems for the 4s)
b) the game might become really memory efficient for it to work on the iPhone 4.

Alas, we don't know anything about that yet. I'm sorry. :O

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
10-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Thank you :-) !
I hope the game will run on iphone 4... Why not a version with less graphics details or an option to lower graphics ?

In waiting of, i'm playing DUET, and it's the second BG in the world (after TTL).

I
Love
Your
So
Much
:-)
10-17-2013, 10:52 PM
(10-15-2013 01:20 AM)Harti Wrote:  As of yet, there is no official statement by OML about iPhone 4 support.
Lately they fixed some memory-related crash issues for the iPhone 4s. This can basically mean two things:
a) the game is way too heavy in terms of memory usage for the iPhone 4 (because it already made problems for the 4s)
b) the game might become really memory efficient for it to work on the iPhone 4.

Alas, we don't know anything about that yet. I'm sorry. :O

it's not looking good for 4 honestly. While i've solved the memory issues (wouldn't have problems on 4 memory-wise), the biggest hurdle is GPU performance. the 4 doesn't have much juice for the amount of pixels it's trying to push on that screen and we render quite a lot in TTL2. This was a *huge* headache in Outwitters, but we largely ignored it since Outwitters is a slower paced game and frame rates aren't very important there.

Currently, it's like...teetering on the edge of 'playable' on my 4. I intend to give it a couple more tries to get it to a playable state on the 4 before release though, but no idea how it'll turn out at the moment.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan