Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random conversation time
10-02-2013, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 05:48 AM by Chemoeum.)
Random conversation time
Gifted League I'm feeling lazy. Gifted League

Time for stuff we don't always need to know or say. Although for the PG-13 rating, we REALLY should keep the "stuff we don't always need to know or say" thing low... .

Well, this thread is for writing stuff down, following the conversation through.

So, TheGreatErenan, what .Memories. said. It's just a thread with conversation that naturally flows from one topic to another.

Have you ever experienced a moment where one random thing happens, you get a conversation out of it, and then it leads to a new one? Well, this has happened to me a LOT. I wanna see what you have to say about that.

Should be enough to get anyone started. Fluffy LeagueClever LeagueGifted LeagueMaster LeagueSuper-Titan

I am GameCenter's Chemoeum.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 05:43 AM
RE: Random conversation time
Could you give an example of the sort of thing you mean? I'm not sure I'm quite following you...

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 05:44 AM
(10-02-2013 05:43 AM)TheGreatErenan Wrote:  Could you give an example of the sort of thing you mean? I'm not sure I'm quite following you...

I think, ideally, it would consist of one LONG conversation that just flowed naturally from one topic to the next.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2q2lq9y.jpg]
10-02-2013, 05:46 AM
Yeah, why does this type of thing happen? It's crazy.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-02-2013, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2013 06:03 AM by TheGreatErenan.)
It's because human beings are extremely complicated machines with extremely complicated brains. We are capable of swiftly processing information about many different subjects at once, and in fact, our brains function, at least in part, by forming associations between different things. So even if you are discussing one particular subject, ideas will arise in the course of that discussion that remind one or more parties involved in the discussion about something else with which they have an association formed with the first thing that was under discussion.

The usual example that occurs with me is that many scenarios remind me of various episodes of The Simpsons, much to my wife's eternal chagrin. If I begin a sentence with "That reminds me of..." she immediately knows that the ending of this sentence will be "...an episode of The Simpsons." If I go ahead and explain the connection and relate the details of the episode, she will invariably start thinking about something else and completely ignore me, because she is no longer interested in hearing me describe stuff that happened in that show, having heard it one too many times.

10-06-2013, 02:37 AM
too many words...
10-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Why ARE there so many words today?

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-06-2013, 03:24 AM
But it makes total sense: humans, on the social aspect, seem to be able to draw connections from random as heck things. It's like I'm talking about cheese and cheesy jokes (when I'm feeling Gouda), other people could generalize that to food, or nutrition, or healthiness, or breathing, or life.

This is similar to that word connection thread where you take a word and change it into a new word
Cheese
Chess
Bless
Bleep
Meep
Mop
Stop
Drop
And roll

So yeah, makes complete sense. Next time you're having a conversation, just start on a topic, remember that topic, and see where it ends.

Doowhat? Doodat? Okey:3

1v1 Super-Titan - Peak #32 // Current #56 as AlliDooisRush
2v2 - w/jesusfuentesh #7
2v2 Master League - w/baustin #17 // w/Juslas #85 // Randoms #38
10-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. Life is pretty crazy.

RIP, DL banner.

Explosions.

Go here!
10-06-2013, 08:48 AM
(10-06-2013 03:24 AM)Doodat Wrote:  ...when I'm feeling Gouda...

Man, you'd cheddar be careful with that one. Tongue